Reply Pokémon Defenders
Welcome and Rules!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oGolem

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:08 pm
So, you're new to the Pokemon Defenders! Welcome aboard. If you haven't applied yet, and are just checking us out, please check out the Rules in the second post. Read them carefully, and I do mean CAREFULLY, before you apply. If you don't, you probably won't be let in. So do it!

I should say hello, I suppose. I'm Golem, friendly neighborhood forummaker, problemsolver, and spamkiller. I'm the yang of the ruling yin and yang of the Defenders. You'll probably meet Nethilia, our LORD AND MASTER (well, mistress) eventually. Be respectful towards her, and each other, and things will be just cosmic, ya dig? Otherwise, you may get smashed in the face.

PLEASE NOTE: This announcement really has no need for replies. If you post here, and it's a legit concern with the rules or sommat, I'll take it into account--but still mop the deck with the tattered remains of what was your reply. PMing me is better, dig?  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:17 pm
And lo, there were rules. Shibby.

1: You gotta like Pokemon. I mean, honestly, what are you doing in a guild about Pokemon if you don't like Pokemon?

2: Post often as you can. Once a day is very good.

3: We are Defenders, not Firetorches. This means we defend Pokemon and like the game. This does not mean we flame pointlessly and run around like cracked out Magmars. Flaming looks bad on us and if you do it, actions will be taken up to and including eviction from the guild. Do not stoop to the level of your enemy. If you're gonna "flame," be smart about it.

4: To join, fill out the Join Form with your name, your favorite Pokemon, and what you like best about Pokemon.

5: Don't PM Nethilia or Golem about getting in. We will mightly deny you. And no badgering/spamming/harassing of the Mods if they deny your application. A single PM will suffice to ask why the application was denied.

6: Discuss anything you want in here that's got to do with Pokemon or life. Talk about your underwear if you wish. Just keep it in the realm of the TOS.

7. Neth is in her mid 20's. Neth curses. Others can curse. We don't care. But don't be stupid. Stupid people make us want to drop a Snorlax on their heads. We don't play nice, we don't pat you on the head, and we sure as hell aren't going to mollycoddle you because your feelings got hurt. Thicken up and figure out what you did.

8. Neth doesn't tolerate any type of slurs. This strongly applies to "gay". Calling others gay in an insulting sense is one of Neth's buttons. Don't push it. And no preaching. It annoys Neth. She's not trying to convert you to Greco-Egyptian Eclectic, so don't try to go around beating people to worship Jesus. And keep the other forum politics out of the guild. Just cause you see Neth in ED ripping someone a new a** doesn't mean you need to come over here and b***h at her. What goes on in the other forums doesn't concern PD.

9. And since people are not reading the rules, end your app with "Pokeball Go!" This will show us you read the rules.

10. Neth is not taking leaders/moderaters. Yes, that includes you. No, you shouldn't ask anyway. Yes, if you do, Golem gets to kick you in the a** with pointy shoes.

11. You have no reason to bump anything. And for the love of Mew, no spam or we'll evict you faster than you can hit the Reply key.

12: DO NOT USE THE GRADIENT FEATURE TO POST! It annoys Neth greatly in the way it chops things up. Any post we see with it will be edited to eliminate the gradient. This is NOT a Drill, you get no warning, your post will be edited. ADDENDUM: On that note, please do not type like a retarded Primeape who has snorted one too many Pixie Stix. If we see a post that looks like you raped the English Language and didn't even leave a Pokeyen for the violation, we will kick said post to the Bad trainer forum, and possibly boot the a** who made it.

13. If you are denied membership to the Guild, you must wait two weeks before re-applying. That way, we'll know if you REALLY wanted to join the Guild or were just bored one day and wanted to eff around.

14: NO TEAM REGISTRIES. By this, I mean no "I have these pokemon with these stats, and these moves, blah blah blah." To be perfectly honest, no one cares. Many of us play various games, change teams more than we change panties, and don't care about our movesets or teams. So you have a team of uber legends. No one cares. Threads about, say, game progress, are allowed, or asking for opinions about a team setup. But a simple team registry is a waste of our time and yours. All threads of this type will be locked and/or deleted without warning, and continued threads by the same person will lead to bannation.  

oGolem

oGolem

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:32 pm
Linking Logs

These are outlinks. Yes, they go elsewhere. Imagine that.

The official Pokemon Website.

Poke-Radio! Tune your Poke-gear to...

You can download the Pokemon fonts used in the guild here.

Serebii.Net: A resource for those who play the games

TPPC

OMG it WORKS: How to catch Mew in Red or Blue

MewHeart: Chat, BBS, sprites, and even a mini-game!

Bulbapedia: Wikipedia for POKEMON! Mind the HG SS spoilers, but a dandy resource.

This list is anything but complete. Yes. Under construction it is. Yoda talking like am I. Mm. Yes.  
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games