Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
learning how to crochet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:46 pm
ok as some of you may know, I want to learn how to crochet, so I went online to find some 'how to' crochet video's, and I chould not find one.
there are tones for knitting, so I don't know.
dose any one have any sights for teaching how to crochet?  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:33 pm
Well, if you're using a search engine and looking for "crochay" that's probably why you're not finding much. (It's spelled "crochet")

Try this link, though. It's got videos for all kinds of stitches. http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?type_id=S  

Catcheen
Crew

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:33 am
...wow. eek
ok nvm I'm an idiot.
I really thought it was croshay too. sweatdrop
ok well thank you... and lets never speak of this again, ok. mrgreen sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:56 am
Speak of what? xd

'Tis already forgotten.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

enlith

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:45 pm
there's a site called crochet cabana that's pretty good. I learned a lot of things there when I was just getting started.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:13 am
You know, I have the same problem, except, even after i find a tutorial, I still can't do it. I managed to get one stitch down pretty good, but I'm helpless on the rest of it. Someone should do an image heavy tutorial on here. I think that I'm going to buy "The Happy Hooker" but the same chick who did "Stitch and b***h" because that's how I learned to knit.  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:54 am
takocos
You know, I have the same problem, except, even after i find a tutorial, I still can't do it. I managed to get one stitch down pretty good, but I'm helpless on the rest of it. Someone should do an image heavy tutorial on here. I think that I'm going to buy "The Happy Hooker" but the same chick who did "Stitch and b***h" because that's how I learned to knit.

The "Happy Hooker" book is quite good. Her instructions are fairly clear and she sometimes gives alternate ways to do things. If you have trouble with one person's directions on how to hold the hook and yarn, don't worry about it too much. Go with whatever feels comfortable as long as you can still work the yarn and keep your tension.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:46 pm
takocos

have you seen the video about the happy hooker? its so funny, I would buy the book just for that!

but yes I'm really bad when it come's to learning from image's.
even when its a video tutorial I still have to play it like 10 times before I try.  

Lee Kushrenada

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff