Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
It boggles the mind. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:24 pm
Superior Jazz
Stupid people make my brain sad...

Really?

Stupid people should make your brain happy. It means that your brain is more superior to thiers. It is like an Ego Boost really.

I get that sort of feeling when I am around certain incredibly immature people. I look at then and feel really good about myself all the sudden.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:53 am
Kinda like that feeling you get when you're being told that you're stupid for using proper punctuation and sentence structure on the intarbuttz?  

Tenth Speed Writer

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:51 am
addseale2
Kinda like that feeling you get when you're being told that you're stupid for using proper punctuation and sentence structure on the intarbuttz?

Yeah...that creates the same sort of feeling. Only it becomes coupled with amusement. E-People who complain about other E-People using proper punctuation and sentance structure(calling them bigoted elitists) amuse me.

Am I the only one? That boggles my mind how people can dislike others for typing in a way that others can understand.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:19 pm
It's pretty confusing, 'eh?

I swear, it's just a sign of how smartey in da braynz some humans can be. rolleyes  

Tenth Speed Writer

xorflex

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:22 pm
What I hate about people who say things like that is they don't understand
evolution. They think that when we say 'evolved from apes' they take it
to mean 'suddenly turned from apes to humans'
I've even seen one post which said 'I've seen lots of minkeys and have never seen one turn into a human. The fact is, by using God as their reason for things being, they are creating something even more unbelievable then just simply being. I have never heard anyone give an actual explanation of WHAT exactly God is, or how it he can magiclay create things out of nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:31 pm
Don't get too caught up in people like that, evolution should wean em out eventually. ^_^ He seems to have the realitive intellegence of homo habilis or urgaster. Has anybody else noticed the weired blinking pattern?? As for there numers.... try living in North Carolina. xd eek

It is very nice to hear saine people talking every once in a while  

Quantumjitters

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:54 pm

A collage of more things that boggle the mind! Starring some of our very own guild join requests!
User Image

I can't find my really good screen shots. Dx

Crew- If you see kinda funny ones, screenshot them for me?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 pm
Sanguvixen
Superior Jazz

Really?

Stupid people should make your brain happy. It means that your brain is more superior to thiers. It is like an Ego Boost really.

I get that sort of feeling when I am around certain incredibly immature people. I look at then and feel really good about myself all the sudden.

(Psst, it's "their", not "thier". "Thier" would be pronounced "thee-air".)  

Phoebos

Muaethia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:57 am
I just remembered, about the whole 'being born from monkeys' thing. I've got a friend who is a muslim. She respects my beliefs on the whole, and I respect hers, so we don't bother talking about religion much, to avoid arguments.

Once, I asked her about evolution, which she isn't sure she believes in, and she said something about "Allah turning all of the bad humans back into the common ancestor, and quickly changed them (i.e. them not evolving over a long period of time) modern-day chimps, apes etc". I was like O_o? How does something like that work? I don't see how complicated and confusing theories like that work, when there's a simpler and more logical explanation.

Unless, of course, the simplest explanation is god waving his magic wand, and turning all us athiests and non-believers into chimps forever. Wonder when it will happen again? xd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:15 pm
Muaethia
I just remembered, about the whole 'being born from monkeys' thing. I've got a friend who is a muslim. She respects my beliefs on the whole, and I respect hers, so we don't bother talking about religion much, to avoid arguments.

Once, I asked her about evolution, which she isn't sure she believes in, and she said something about "Allah turning all of the bad humans back into the common ancestor, and quickly changed them (i.e. them not evolving over a long period of time) modern-day chimps, apes etc". I was like O_o? How does something like that work? I don't see how complicated and confusing theories like that work, when there's a simpler and more logical explanation.

Unless, of course, the simplest explanation is god waving his magic wand, and turning all us athiests and non-believers into chimps forever. Wonder when it will happen again? xd

Theists use plenty of shaving cream when applying Occam's Razor, to make sure it doesn't go against the grain. If you know what I mean. wink  

DivideByZero14

Lethkhar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:39 am
Sanguvixen
Superior Jazz

Really?

Ah, but stupid people do stupid things.

It'd be one thing if stupid people just sat at home and didn't hurt anyone, but certain *ahem* stupid people have really upset the community of higher intellect.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff