Reply Megaman Battle Network GUILD
MMBN3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unlucky-chan

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:45 pm
Help, my file for MMBN 3 is destroyed, why is that? After working on it for over 100 minutes. crying  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:22 am
Strange... could the game cassette be malfunctioning?(I played over 110 hours and nothing have happened to my cassette.)

The only thing you can do is buying a cassette.(I advice against opening the cassette.)  

Fiyun

Silenfoot

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 am
Did you leae it out in a car or something? I did that with Zero 3 once, and it must have warped the chip or something, cause sometimes it goes buggy on me. But what probably happened is that the battery ran out. How long hae you had the game? And did you get it new or used?

By the way, dead cartridge batteries, like most things, can be replaced. What I don't know is if getting it replaced is cheaper than buying a a new cartridge. Either way, you'll have to start over.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:11 pm
Something like that happend to my MMBN5 when i changed the batteries.... It restarted and deleted my file... i was so mad!  

Rock Bomber

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200

Silenfoot

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:08 am
Yup, that's because the battery is what keeps the file alive. You know what RAM (Random Access Memory) is? If I'm not mistaken, that's what the GameBoy cartridges use to store the save data. RAM only works as long as the computer is on, as long as it has power. So once the battery dies, the RAM has no more power, so you lose the file. The DS chips look too thin to hold a battery (though I may be mistaken: technology has come a long way), so they probably use EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory). EEPROM is what USB drives (or flash drives or geek sticks or whatever else people call them) use. It makes much more sense because it takes an incredibly long time before it becomes impossible to write to the device. Meaning that you can still play the game, but don't expect save files to hold. But like I said, it takes a really really really long time for that to happen, as in decades or more.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:55 am
My file erased when I was about to get the Bass symbol thing. I quit that game for a few weeks and went back. Got everything in under and hour somehow. sweatdrop  

Ryuto Asamiya
Captain

Rock Bomber

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:42 am
Nova Wave Assassin
My file erased when I was about to get the Bass symbol thing. I quit that game for a few weeks and went back. Got everything in under and hour somehow. sweatdrop
rock cross forte ?! i don't even know how to get that!  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:50 pm
that really sucks  

sushi phish

Mechanic Alt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:02 pm
I said it once, I'll say it again. It happened to my 5 once. xd Oy. beat it in less that a week. Or 2 days. Can't remember. Just the main storyline....And it happend to my 3 but I got the data back. MegaMan kept sayign whenever I treid to save: "The save wouldn't go through..." Or somethign like that. I got miffed I kept resettign 'till I got the data back. I've played over 100 hours I'll have you know!!  
Megaman Battle Network GUILD

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games