Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Wow, Fundies...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uchihas Blood

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:54 pm
Wow, this website is very funny, so check it out!
Quote:

Fundies Say The Darndest Things

"Plant seeds in the Atheists...

for instance: say, " look at those clouds,look how they seemed to be painted but are really Millions of tiny water vapors.:

Or, "Look at the colors on those flowers,the thought amazes me,the Original designer Of them, how is those colors in there without mealting from the sumer heat?....Amazing! "

Or, " Its amazing that the Sun hasn't come plungin to earth and fried us all, awesome how things work."

Then go on about your business, at least, till you both meet up again. ( internet,phone, person 2 person).

Give the Atheist something to think about."

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:13 pm
THIS SITE IS THE BEST SITE EVER!!!! blaugh

Now this is what we need! This is so going in my siggy!  

DivideByZero14

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:21 pm
That's not serious, is it? O_o  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:04 pm
'David' of Myspace
1 out of every 67 deaths in the WORLD is an American abortion
1 out of every 4 deaths in America is an American Abortion
Half of the deaths in the world are from abortions
Abortion is the leading cause of death in the world. It kills as many people as ALL of the other causes of death combined
We have lost more Americans through abortions (64 times more) than we did in all of our wars (12 wars) combined
The world kills more people through abortion than all of the deaths in the America combined (22 times as many)
The D-Day invasion of France (WWII) was the bloodiest in history. There were 53, 714 allied soldiers killed in the "Battle of Normandy." Yet, our world kills more people than that in just 9 hours through abortions
America has lost 589 soldiers in its first year of fighting in the Iraq War. The world, however, kills more people than that in just 6 minutes through abortions

I've noticed that a lot of people are practically doing backflips everytime they hear a human soldier die in Iraq, but looking at these statistics, that is dwindled in comparison. WHY aren't we OUTRAGED by this ATROCITY? WHY? That is MY question, I am simply AMAZED that people find this acceptable, and it is simply a shame on us all, for allowing such a tragedy to occur."

Let us, for a moment, ignore the basic falsehood and hilarity of his figures and statements. Let us further ignore the spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If I understand him correctly, as half of the world's deaths are caused by abortions,

HE WANTS TO DOUBLE THE POPULATION OF THE EARTH!  

DivideByZero14

iviary

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:19 pm
"I told her the truth from God's Word --It is a sin for women to wear men's apparel (Deuteronomy 22:5), and an even greater sin to wear immodest clothing that draws men's attention to the outward body, rather than to the inner heart (1st Peter 3:3-5). After I gave her the truth, she immediately became defense of the pants she was wearing by exclaiming, "So what? I don't think THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH WOMEN WEARING PANTS." I tried to show her more Scriptures, but she wouldn't be reasoned with. After talking with her, she said she had to leave for a church. A van then pulled up and I saw a bunch of women wearing PANTS!"

Robert J. Stewart, When a Woman Wears Pants

@_@ Hoooolyyyy s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:19 am
Those are some extreme fundies, dang.  

Redem

Muaethia

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:20 am
*shudders*

I clicked around that site a bit and eventually got linked to 'Myspace Christian Teens'

Yuck yuck yuck. Talk about brainwashed. But what angered me wasn't their continual torture of the english language (one guy couldn't spell 'baby', and he wasn't even abbriviating to 'txt tlk' or anything), but how their ideas and arguments seem to not be backed up at all by any evidence (not even the bible in most cases).

It's stupid, even I could explain why a christian may disagree with abortion better than them, and i'm an Atheist. And they were pretty conservative christians.

Anyway, that was a bit off topic sweatdrop

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:48 pm
It hurts to know that there are actually people out there who believe this! Its like this pain, deep down in my gut. *sighs* I wonder where they get these ideas anyways. My floormates found this one rather... er... well, funny in its ludicrousness:

"Just because you are born a certain way doesn't meant that is the way you have to be. Some people are born Asian, but through surgeries and counseling they can change."

gonk  

PickleBoy

iviary

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:34 pm
PickleBoy
It hurts to know that there are actually people out there who believe this! Its like this pain, deep down in my gut. *sighs* I wonder where they get these ideas anyways. My floormates found this one rather... er... well, funny in its ludicrousness:

"Just because you are born a certain way doesn't meant that is the way you have to be. Some people are born Asian, but through surgeries and counseling they can change."

gonk

biggrin That's.. incredible. We'll change your cultural heritage with plastic surgery!! Modern medicine is amazing!  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:54 am
This is weird.  

FalseDiagnosis

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:20 pm
iviary
PickleBoy

gonk

biggrin That's.. incredible. We'll change your cultural heritage with plastic surgery!! Modern medicine is amazing!

xd xd I've always wanted to be asian... They're so thin and pretty. If they can become white, I may as well become asian. Wonder how much that costs...  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:57 pm
This is the greatest website ever. *Bookmarks!* I do not have the words to describe just how hilarious this website is.  

Bowmore

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff