Later.
  No.
View Results

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:54 pm
I've haven't posted any art here, yet, but I'm doing this picture and haven't finished it, yet. If you could let me know what you think, that would be awesome. Also, if you could give me tips on how to shade hair with detail, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Please keep in mind that I am not finished. I need to add a tail and more detail to the ears, etc. I really am focused more on the hair, right now.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:20 pm
I like it!
But the teeth are a little distracting and her boods are really big. xd  

~[ART]~

Yakkus

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:07 am
She looks great 3nodding as for detail in the hair I have trouble with making hair look good myself , but was told to use the same color as the flats for the hair but in a new layer set to multiply using small-medium small sized (in compairison to the size of the hair)soft round brush , make even lines following the direction of the hair's flow , this should serve as the hairs "shadows" then keeping the same color make a new layer set to Screen (I believe thats what its called) and do the same thing only this time place the lines where you believe the light would reflect off the hair. Once your happy with your line placement go back to each layer and use the smudge tool and soften up the lines a bit to give it a kind of "clumpy" feel then when your satisfied with that you can merge them and use the dodge and burn tools to give it a little more depth.

Lol I dunno if that made ANY sense at all (im at work and its after 5am so im tired and bored) but if it did , I hope it helps. At any rate , keep up the great work 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:28 am
Thanks! I'll try to fix the teeth, I guess. As for her chest area, I guess I'll fix that, too. xp  

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Inconspicious

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:27 pm
Hair took me years to master in photoshop, but it's do-able. Just make sure you use references from real photos for where the highlights and lowlights are placed, and use the smudge tool.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:23 am
Hmm.. I guess the highlight looks a little "solid"
Maybe.. like Inconspicious said.. you may want to study from the reference first.  

Cynthea

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:17 pm
Cool. Yeah, I didn't like the shine to be so solid, either. I just added it in really quickly for myself to get an idea of what style I wanted. I know for sure I want super detailed hair that takes forever! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:43 pm
Bump!  

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Brittany Drew -a picture

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:32 am
Realistlcally coloured hair actually isnt to hard to create. Not too long ago I figured out a good way to do it after alot of failed attempts before.

1. First you put down the flat color of the hair (base color)

2. If you drew the hair semi-detailed before, following the light source, using a darker shade of the flat color add semi-thick lines right against the hair lines, to get the effect of grouped hair (I'll have a picture so you can see what I mean)

3. Using an off white tone of the flat shade for the shines, following the curve of the hair quickly brush a staggering line grouping randomly almost like zig-zags except not as perfect, just a randomly peak grouping quick zig-zag. After you get that take the smudge tool at about 50% streangth brush over the staggering line following the direction of the peaks up and down from the top of the line to the bottom while going across to get the right effect.

Hopefully you understood what I meant there, here is a picture to see the final effect. I hope I helped!
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:34 pm
Awesome! Thank-you all for the feedback! It will come in handy for sure!

3nodding  

Bleu_Fyre

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
The Anime Art Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items