Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
"wicked" - poster

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catani

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:21 pm

by no means my work... but i just seen this poster in someones sig and it just blew me away - such simplicity and such refined, i know i'm blabing now so here's the poster:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:42 am
I like it. I shall try a project like it. Thanks for sharing. heart  

Tasty Glitch

Wheezing Smoker

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:20 am
I saw that in someones sig too! And I thought whoaaa... there's an artist I wanna know more about! Until I realised it wasn't theirs xd

It is gorgeous. The strong shapes, the contrast, the colours... its so simple, but everything about it really says 'wicked' and really draws me in.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:54 pm
My sister has that book. Did you know that the wicked witch of the west was kind of a nerd? But yeah, my first thought when I saw the cover was that it was very attractive. Very nice color contrast and combination. Simple with a nice feeling of unity. I applaud the artist behind it.  

Paper_Stars

MissCharmed

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:28 pm
I have that book also and I'm dying to see the musical.

Like everyone else said it really is lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 pm
They did it well, but they should have at least straightened out that arm. XB it looks very wrong, bent in the middle of the bone

Also the flying monkeys are inconsistent with the overall design and pretty much superfluous. They could have incorporated it with the color scheme and simplistic style by drawing them that way, instead of pasting a detailed image several times.

It's a nice poster, no doubt they hired someone who knew their stuff to do it. But it's not perfect  

The Dred Pirate Gossy

starlightskyblue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:05 am
can't say how much I love that poster cause they put it on alot in midtown and big ones around time square manhattan XD gosh! the musical kick a**!!!

PS: I like the long one on the Metro bus more without the gargoy :/  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:06 am
I would love to see that broadway.  

Lyviathon

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Moonlight_HuangHou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:11 pm
wow! nice!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:32 am
Wow! That looks very professional! i love how simple it is, it makes it easier to look at it! biggrin  

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Ghouly Girly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:03 am
That looks amazing, I just got some music from Wicked an hour ago, that's so strange. Many many props to whoever made that. It looks like it's done in Illustrator.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games