Reply Pokémon Defenders
A question about the new "movie"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:27 am
I've heard from a annoying noob, Zeek and Rolf know's who, that when you take D/P to the movies with you, you'll get new pokemon downloaded onto your game. Now how in the world will this happen? I'm thinking the place itself has a device that sends out the signal. I just don't see how the movie itself is able to do that. AND another thing. When was the last time you saw a Pokemon movie AT the movies? In 2000? Was the third one shown? I don't think this one is coming. Just going right to DVD.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:37 am
Enishi-san
I've heard from a annoying noob, Zeek and Rolf know's who, that when you take D/P to the movies with you, you'll get new pokemon downloaded onto your game. Now how in the world will this happen? I'm thinking the place itself has a device that sends out the signal. I just don't see how the movie itself is able to do that. AND another thing. When was the last time you saw a Pokemon movie AT the movies? In 2000? Was the third one shown? I don't think this one is coming. Just going right to DVD.
It won't happen.

The last Pokemon Movie to come out in theatres was the Entei one (which is the thrid one, I believe). After WB saw the numbers for those, they took the Disney route and released the next set on DVD. They will probably do the same thing.

And the last time I ever saw a Pokemon Movie at the movie house was the Mewtwo one. Yeah, I know. Long time.

The only way I think this "download while watching the movie" thing will happen is if they program in the download into the DVD to be sent via a wi-fi connection on your computer. That would mean that if you don't have a wi-fi connection on your computer (or a computer that can play DVDs for that matter), you're ********. Yes, NoA loves screwing people over, huh? However, this idea poses a few problems. Multiple DS systems in one area. Will it download to all of them or just one? And what about people like me that like to watch movies over and over again until we can recite the lines exactly? Do we get multiples of whatever the movie downloads into your game?

BTW, it should be noticed that only Japan will ever show the movie in theatres. Remember, animes as big as Pokemon are like the Harry Potter and Star Wars movie franchises in Japan. That being said, most movies don't make it past number three (with the exception going to the mentioned and the Rocky movies).  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:23 am
And no one has said that to reject yet?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:30 am
Enishi-san
Seabeast seems to just be ignoring him, Rolf will deal with him if he appears to talk directly to him, I pretty much left the thread, and everyone else that finds it is either a flamer or a casual player that will believe anything they are told short of "Pikablu is real."

At least that's my last observation.  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Enishi-san

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:41 am
ZeekSlider
Enishi-san
Seabeast seems to just be ignoring him, Rolf will deal with him if he appears to talk directly to him, I pretty much left the thread, and everyone else that finds it is either a flamer or a casual player that will believe anything they are told short of "Pikablu is real."

At least that's my last observation.

Pikablu is real.....they changed the name to Mariel. XD Well thats the rumor I heard.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:44 am
Enishi-san
Pikablu is real.....they changed the name to Mariel. XD Well thats the rumor I heard.
Don't start. xp  

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500

Ginga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:46 am
ZeekSlider
Enishi-san
Don't start. xp

I second that.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:47 pm
LMAO, ok ok ok. xd  

Enishi-san

Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items