Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
people in the LI forum suck at help...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:01 pm

So maybe you guys can help me better? I don't really know if this "belongs" in here but whatever. Sorry for the long-ness. It's really important and urgent heart

Soo I know this is really long and Im sorry for that but I really need help.

Im not really sure how to type this out because like everything is just rushing around in my brain and fighting for the whole being typed first spot but I dont want to make anyone super confusedalthough I know I will leave something vital out and make people confused anyway.

So today I went into the office to leave school because my knee was bothering me (I have a knee problem) and felt like something inside was being pinched and it felt enflamed and warm. So I called my mom and she started yelling at me because I left yesterday (I got hit in the head with a softball) and saying she couldnt help me because she wasnt there and that I should take aspirin and all that kinda stuff. So then she talked to the secretary lady and was like asking her to give me aspirin even though she knew and I had told her that the school cant give me any. Then she was talking to one of the APs (Assistant Principals) because she wanted me to walk to the store (even though our campus is a closed campus). So the AP comes out and tells me I can walk over there and come right back but then I explain to him about my knee so he calls my mom back and then comes back out and tells me my dad is coming to get me.

So my dad comes and when were walking out of the office he tells me to get a withdrawal form and Im confused and he tells me theres no reason for me to be here since I dont want to be and I should just get a form and I tell him no. So in the car he starts yelling at me about how I should just drop out and get kicked out of the house and go move somewhere and get a job because I dont want to go to school. And he starts going off on me about how I dont do what the doctor says and asking me if he should drop me off at the ER and things like that.
Then I get to my parents work and my mom drags me into the back room and starts screaming at me saying Im not going to college and how Ive royally ******** myself over and all this stuff about maybe I should go live with my aunt or grandpa. And basically telling me Im a horrible child and that everything is my fault.

So yeahbasically the whole thing about school is that I was in small private schools for 12-13 years of my life. Last year I was at a small private high school and the dean kicked me out because she didnt like me (long story, ask if you want to know) and this year Im stuck in a rather large public high school and I hate it. Its down the hill from my house and when I was little I swore Id never go there because my friends sister went there and she was always complaining about how bad it is and how they found a dead girl in the creek on campus. So basically Ive had a really bad year there and the majority of the people who associate with the group/area I hang out at hate me for really stupid reasons, the teachers (with the exception of 3) really suck at teaching/keeping order in the class, the majority of the student body are rude kids who skip class and like to fight all the time, the administration is really unhelpful and lazy and Im not learning anything.

Ive brought my concerns up with my parents and they just ignore me and say Im lying, Ive told my psychologist but she hasnt done anything except tell my parents they dont listen to me, Ive told my AP and she hasnt done a thing and Ive even told my counselor and she doesnt know what to do. So I feel totally alone in this whole thing.
Not to mention that I feel extremely unsafe at that school (Ive been hit in the head twice in the last two weeks, plus I have been previously sexually harassed by a classmate, among other things) and I dont feel that Im getting the education I need.
And my parents dont believe that last part because my grades arent ALL satisfactory (two are A+s). The reason for that is the teachers in those classes are really uncooperative when I try to work something out with them. Soo I feel stuck and alone.

I really dont know what to do and it hurts me being stuck in this situation. Ive thought about running away but I dont know where Id go or what Id do and I cant talk to my parents or anyone else about it because I feel as if no one listens to me.

By the way, Im 16 years old, a sophomore and live in Californiaif you need/want to know. Please give me some serious advice/help and dont just tell me to wait it out. I really dont feel I can.

EDIT: another thing that bugs me is that my parents act like nothing happened after they yell at me

EDIT X2: I couldn't add these because I had to leave but I believe my depression is caused by my parents (my psychologist agrees.)
Also, my mother has taken it upon herself to make decisions and tell me her and my father decided it when it was really just her making the decision. She has also taken it upon herself to lie to me rather frequently.
Not to mention that my father has made it his job to make me feel like a burden for needing a ride to/from work and for needing to go to the doctor/psychologist/etc. So basically I feel like crap about that and feel like a giant burden.

EDIT x3 & 4: I do not want to go live with my relatives because they're worse than my parents and it'd just be really weird.
I don't want to live with my grandfather (he's my only living grandparent) because he can hardly care for himself and his cat(s) and his lives in the woods in the middle of nowhere.

My mother came down to my room this morning and told me to turn off my computer. She said that her and my father had been talking and that I have 3 options. I can go get the withdrawal forms and fill them (she said she won't do it because she doesn't want to go to jail for not making me go to school or something) and then go get a job or something OR I can stay home from school and not graduate OR I can stay in school.

Now none of those options do ANYTHING for me. If I stay in school, I have to stay in this damn house and I really, REALLY cannot work at the school I'm at...

EDIT x5?: I do NOT want to drop out or not graduate from school. I just don't want to live at this house anymore. It's really not helping my emotional state and personally I feel like I'm a burden...what the hell do I do?
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:12 pm

I know how you feel...Because I'm in the same position...With most of those...

But honestly...I don't know what to tell you...

I'm sorry. <3.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:17 pm

gonk no one does but it's all good.

I sent the link to my LI thread to my mom's email and now I'm scared sweatdrop
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:35 pm

Aww. Don't be.

She'll come to realize that she'd been wrong.

Give it time. <3.

-hughug-

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:59 pm

sweatdrop she just asked me what my decision was and I said I didn't know.

And now I'm thinking about quitting my job gonk
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:12 pm

Omg.

You shouldn't.

Just like you shouldn't let the little things bother you in life.

Your mum's a b***h. Let her be. You'll be away from her soon.

As well as your father.

D :.

I know that doesn't help. But I couldn't think of anything else to say. D :.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:36 pm

gonk there's a lot of reasons for me to quit though.

(thread = in LI)
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:58 pm

I know. D :.

But you have to stay strong and things. D :.

Regardless. D :.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:48 am

I know gonk It's just hecka hard and stuff.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:40 am

Why dont you get your own back dont go to school and hang out at a friends house for a while make your parents see sense and if that doesnt work then go there shouting and bawling with or withiout a baseball bat maybe then they will listen to what you have to say. (I chose with the baseball bat)

Felttips

[. Negative Exposure .]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:49 am

You're 16? Listen, you can hang in there for 2 more years, then it'll all be over.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:06 pm

=/
i weep for you.
i say try to hang in there. Don't quit your job until you find a new one.
my school sucks a** too, im getting a bad education, and the people are dicks. its a public school, so im used to it.. but i don't think HS will be better >x<
try to hang on until you can move out. keep your job and save all the money you can so you can get the hell out.
as for education.. well if its bad you'll learn more in college if you go. (scholership?)
and.. just hang in there ok?
it'll be alright
<3

__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__

jumbuck [boosh.]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:45 pm

don't you hate how the kids who get good grades and actually care are taken are social retards?

that sux.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:10 pm

I'm not going to bother reading all that so I'll just suggest you cut yourself and listen to Dashboard Confessional.

xdownwithxtheshipx

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff