Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
The Da Vinci Code

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~[Alula]~

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:17 pm
Alright, now I know this may not have much to do with the occult, but I would just like to hear people's opinions on it.

I read The Da Vinci Code about a year ago and now I have seen the movie. The movie cuts more than half of the information on the church and on pagan societies. In my opinion, they made it look like it was all a fun game to play when the church wasn't looking. Aside from me being angry about them cutting out important facts, I was also upset at the fact that atleast 90% of the people there were like "This is all just fiction. Tee hee." Not ALL the facts in the book are fiction.

I would just like to know people's opinion on the whole movie/book situation and what they thought of it when they read or saw it.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:30 pm
LOL. It was a very bad move for Christians to protest against the movie. Remember, controversy sells. In the field of entertainment, there's no such thing as bad publicity. The more you give attention to it, the more enticing it becomes.

I haven't seen the movie but a friend of mine saw it and was somewhat disappointed. He said it was like any other suspense-thriller movie. Still, I would like to watch it. I would like to read the novel but I'm more interested in Umberto Ecco's works.  

Gohlico

~[Alula]~

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:34 pm
Indeed. I was upset at the fact that they cut so much of the information. I for one promote a lot of things that go against the church.  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:56 pm
The church...lol... yes i do have to admit it was quite comical to see "christians" openly protesting teh movie. a true christian does nto protest what they knwo abotu there lord and savior to be false. they instead spread teh good word and not denounce teh bad ones.

as for teh movie cutting otu a lot of information yeah that is true, it cut a lot of stuff involving paganism as well as the catholic assassins sectionary which was very true in history.

I had to laugh when they brought up teh book that was written to persecute paganism, hwat a peice of crap book it was.  

Crimson Fox Of Tempests

Gohlico

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:33 pm
I remember the time when Mel Gibson's Passion Of The Christ was criticized for being anti-Semitic while at the same time the Christians disagreed and saw it as a masterpiece. Now the Christians were outraged at the Da Vinci Code and its popularity among secularists. Lets look at it this way: at least some kind of balance was restored.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:45 pm
i whole heartedly agree. beside i was not pleasedwith the whole craze that was incited because of the passion, especiallythe antisemitism. after all it ws just a movie!!!! if people read teh bible mayeb they woudl realize christ wasnt a christian he was a jew! and the jewish people are the chosen ones the ones who are the promised in gods eyes. ua genties are the ones at stake......sirry am rambling again at 1 in teh morning sorry....  

Crimson Fox Of Tempests

~[Alula]~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:30 pm
Indeed. The church is trying to cover it's tracks for all the crap they did a thousand years ago. You would not believe what a big deal The PAssion of The Christ was over here. I live in Latin America and the vast majority is mostly Catholic if not of some other Christian sect. People here are very zelous and I will tell you that people started praying after the movie... It was...interesting. Abou the Da Vinci Code, I heard almost 15 people tell me that they didn't want to see it because they didn't want it to affect their beliefs when I asked them if they were going to see it. I hffed and puffed and walked the other way. Incredible, eh? But hey, to each his/her own, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:02 pm
If your faith is real it will not be shaken by a movie fiction or not. That's all I have to say about the Xian protests...  

CrimsonGrimm

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:10 pm
I've onyl ever seen the movie. i've never read the book. I'd like to though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:39 pm
CrimsonGrimm
If your faith is real it will not be shaken by a movie fiction or not. That's all I have to say about the Xian protests...

xp True. It's like, hello!, you need something created by humans to believe there is a God or otherwise??? rolleyes

I know I might be stereotyped as a Christian Catholic, but I assure you, I am an open-minded one and I personally DON'T CARE if Jesus Christ did get jiggy with Mary Magdalene or what not. He Saved me and that's enough for me. I believe in Him. I've had a fair share of miracles to stay rooted in my faith. The Da Vinci Code was interesting as an entertainment material, but it's entertainment material. Period.

And even if I'm not a Jew or an Israelite, and if God suddenly chose only those people to save, what's important is that my faith helped me to become a good person to other people and that I've helped others to be better people too. I'm not afraid of death or nothingness. [only the pain of going xp ] I'm actually fascinated by the idea of the afterlife. And if there's nothing, then I've got nothing to lose when I die. I've done something good and I was someone good and that's what's important. pirate

And if your friends really loved God and Jesus and had their hearts where they were supposed to be, Alula, they wouldn't be afraid to be tested. And even if they're brothers and sisters in the faith, it's disappointing how they could be shaken so easily with something so trivial. It's like... they have so little faith that in the times of doubt... *sigh*

Sorry, I was a little too reactive, if ever. ninja I respect your views.  

animagenic

Dapper Phantom

7,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:06 pm
~[Alula]~
Alright, now I know this may not have much to do with the occult, but I would just like to hear people's opinions on it.

I read The Da Vinci Code about a year ago and now I have seen the movie. The movie cuts more than half of the information on the church and on pagan societies. In my opinion, they made it look like it was all a fun game to play when the church wasn't looking. Aside from me being angry about them cutting out important facts, I was also upset at the fact that atleast 90% of the people there were like "This is all just fiction. Tee hee." Not ALL the facts in the book are fiction.

I would just like to know people's opinion on the whole movie/book situation and what they thought of it when they read or saw it.

I find it all fiction, mostly because I don't want to dwell on topics about christianity, its a book, it says its fiction. I rest my case.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:33 pm
When the movie first came out, my Grandma and I got into a convorsation about it. She said that it didn't matter if Jesus had any kids or a wife or whatnot. She's still Catholic, and she still believes. I'd like to see more proof before I believe anything, but like it says in the book: It's fiction, nothing more than a good story.
Angels and Demons (the prequel), on the other hand, we both think is total garbage.  

Thirrin Lindenshield

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:59 pm
I found the book to be an interesting idea, however, I was very annoyed with all the b.s. that people thought afterwards. It's like an facts in the book were misconstrued by the general public. Of course going from book to movie, something always gets left out. Angels and Demons was even worse.  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games