Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DP, BR, and WiFi?
Zomgongthgrehet456 *Dies of happiness.*
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
WTF did NOA get the name "Weavile"? Isn't that the name of a villan from Yu-Gi-Oh?
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
We better start planning guild tournies...
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Man, I am so going to own the guild's prommies in battle.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I challenge you!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
This is too awesome for words.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Shouldn't there be a negative option in case some nutcase DOESN'T like DP/BR going WiFi?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Hey... Now we can elect Gymleaders and Elites based on how well they battle, too.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Wailord doesn't look square-ish anymore! Yhey!
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Pokemon sucks. I just want the gold.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Lady Mage Gryphon

Sarcastic Celebrant

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:32 am
Cool! I love the female character design, but I have to say: the male looks like an idiot. The beret is okay but his face? Waaaaay to friendly.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:50 am
Like I said... fake smile...  

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:13 pm
Nintendo's main site now has Ranger's release date, which is set at October thirtieth of this autum.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:52 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Nintendo's main site now has Ranger's release date, which is set at October thirtieth of this autumn.

Belated birthday gift! *dancy dancy*  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:16 am
An update on the game scene:

There will be yet anoher Pokemon game coming out and it confirms our speculations that Pokmon will transcend from GameCube to Wii. But I'll get to that later.

Anyway, for DP, it seems that it will have WiFi as well as linkability to the Wii game and a Voice Chat feature via WiFi. Plus stuff for DP that you can download from Nintendo Wii's Connect24 systems.

Edit: It seems only voice chat via WiFi has been confirmed; battling and trading have not been. But it's a given that they'll most likely be a feature, as well.

And at the PJAA not too long ago, the English names for Manyula and Manene were released: Weavile and Mime Jr, respectively. For those of you who are not familiar with them, Manyula is Sneasal's evolution and Manene is Mr. Mime's pre-evolution.

As for the Wii game, it's called Pokemon Battle Revolution and is reportedly a mix between the N64 Stadiums and Colosseum/Ha [XD if you don't get the joke]. It will be coming out in 2007 this winter in Japan and will have WiFi features. As I stated earlier, it's linkable to DP.

From what I can tell, the graphics are mucho improved (no akward, rigid polygons) and not only do the Pokemon actually strike each other when doing a physical attack, but the attacks also affect the arena you're battling in (i.e. any fire attack with scorch the ground, Earthquake will break it up, ect).

For pictures, check Serebiinet's page with them, since I'm at work and can't upload them myself.

In other news, it seems Ranger's October thirtieth release date has been scrapped and replaced with "To Be Determined." Smooth, NOA.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:05 am
Whee!! This is exciting!!

But... "Weavile'. Just.... please. mad

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

Azura Cantarella

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:33 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:33 am
First, a big, fat thank you to the ninja-person who is not, in fact, here; and who I deny exists. I posted a request in RC for screenshots of the new game (Famitsu supposedly has them) because my stone age PC can't access that site for some unmewly reason. The fact that Serebii has them finally makes me more at ease.

Second: Oh, GREAT. Another reason to want a Wii. That's only sixteen so far...

...dammit.

Third: "Weavile"? Is that SERIOUSLY the best they could come up with...? As for Mime Jr. ... I gave up hope for those pokemon back when I learned they could be female.

MIGHTY EDIT FOR TRUTH:

FINALLY! DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS! Uah ha ha HAAA! FINALLY, a chance to wreak all kinds of havok with my mighty partners of death, destruction, and chaos! ...And by that I mean cookies!  

oGolem

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:37 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:43 pm
Too bad my chances of getting Wii are nonexistent... sad  

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:13 am
Okay, just some stuff off Serebii. Surely old news to all of you by now, but DP news as follows:

The Day/night system HAS RETURNED. MEW SMILES UPON THIS MY CHILDREN.

Pokemon Sprites now differ by gender. ...No, perverts, they aren't anatomically correct.

Amongst various power and move related things, I noted this: The watch has supposedly 20+ features. These include time management (ZA?! I can Schedule things? MAYBE LIKE CONTESTS AND BUG CAPTURING WHA?), a breeding center activity monitor (I'd call this perverted, but I'm smiling TOO DAMN HARD. No more running around in front of senile old men!), a type chart for those who don't like to think, and.. other bonuses.

*ahem* SQUEE.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:09 am
Wow. eek They're making the game too easy... 3nodding Not that I mind! ^____^

Squee! I'm mostly excited about the male/female gender thing. I wonder what they'll look like? O___o

And Fearow must be in D/P, dammit, and be given beefed up stats! I refuse to let its blend-in-the-shadows-unnoticedness remain any longer! >|

Time scheduling seems cool...

Wait... does that mean you'll have to set a time for you to go to sleep? O___o

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

oGolem

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:38 am
There was an example given on Serebii--of a Wooper. The female has smaller antennae-horn things than the male; and they're noticably different.

Perhaps now we'll see different poses of Pokemon? *tries to think of ways to differentiate between male and female rattata and FAILS*  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:53 pm
Well... maybe female Ratatas blush. xD

Male Rattatas would be more agressive? =P

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

kouri-chan_xx

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:44 am
Golem OTCT
Okay, just some stuff off Serebii. Surely old news to all of you by now, but DP news as follows:

The Day/night system HAS RETURNED. MEW SMILES UPON THIS MY CHILDREN.

Pokemon Sprites now differ by gender. ...No, perverts, they aren't anatomically correct.

Amongst various power and move related things, I noted this: The watch has supposedly 20+ features. These include time management (ZA?! I can Schedule things? MAYBE LIKE CONTESTS AND BUG CAPTURING WHA?), a breeding center activity monitor (I'd call this perverted, but I'm smiling TOO DAMN HARD. No more running around in front of senile old men!), a type chart for those who don't like to think, and.. other bonuses.

*ahem* SQUEE.

Hm, I don't know about the time management thing, but since the new news for Pokemon D/P just came out in HK (and that usually follows up from Japan 2 weeks ago), I figured that I should put up some info.

But I can't be bothered to put in pictures. Look in Serebii.net's June Archives for them, or go to the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl link.

Day and Night: There will be Day and Night and more. 5 different time phases in the game, and the good thing is you can reset your DS clock so you can pretty much make it nighttime forever, or midnight forever or whatever. The 5 phases are Morning, Daytime, Afternoon, Night and Midnight/Deep Night. Or if you'd rather the Serebii version, Morning, Daytime, Afternoon, Evening and Night.

There's screenshots of the time management (which is basically a watch/clock... -_- wink , breeding management, type charts, whatever in Serebii.net.

How long does America usually take to translate the games?

I'm hoping not as long as Natsume does... (Harvest Moon)

edit: I'm sure everyone knew about this though. Although I'm not sure, since the post I used was dated 14th June.

The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff