Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Athiesm and the internet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

recycledwhitetrash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:16 pm
I think Athiesm ha helped to promote athiest veiws more than any other communication technology it aninimity always people to express ideas without fear of punishment. Just look at all the athiest sites out there...

Infidel Guy
Losing My Religion

and many others.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:26 pm
First of all, it's atheist not athiest. You left the 's' off of has and this phrase doesn't make much sense to me at all "communication technology it aninimity always people."

I think what you were trying to say is that the internet provides anonymity which allows people to promote their views without fear of punishment.

sweatdrop

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Bowmore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:00 am
Yeah, the internet is a great place to say and do what you want without fear of ridicule or alienation. I consider myself lucky to have never lived in a place where outspoken atheism would draw the ire of those around me, but I still find the internet a comfortable place to discuss my views with like-minded people.

(Also, learning to spell properly is important because it's easier for people to understand what you're trying to say. It also helps in being taken seriously when attempting an intellectual discussion.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:55 am
Bowmore
I consider myself lucky to have never lived in a place where outspoken atheism would draw the ire of those around me

Me too. The internet has made me feel greatful for the attitude of my family especially about atheism, as they are OK about it and I have since learnt that there are places out there where atheists are still persecuted eek

Meh... it's a great place for a discussion because in RL, especially where I live, people are either like "Well, I do believe there is some sort of God..." but don't back it up with evidence, or "Nah, I don't believe in God" and are unwilling to discuss it further.

Muaethia

The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff