Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
Meditation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you meditate?
  Yes
  No, but I plan to start soon...
  No, I have not intention to start neither.
  No.
  No, It's rubbish!
View Results

gundam-chan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Do you meditate?
What are youre beliefs concerning meditation?
Have you ever tried meditation?
How do you meditate?
((*A sick amount of questions concerning meditation*))
Yabedyyabedy... blablabla
*Even more questions*

In short, everything concerning meditation is to be put here mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:59 pm
I do meditation. I helps me to relax. Since I have started, I have not hated anybody, and never lost my temper. That's been for about 3 years now.
I find it gives a sence of peace. It helps in numerous ways, though these will likely be discussed later.

As for how, there are many different ways. They tend to be cut into three main ways.
You can either focus on one thing, and that only, you can try and focus on everything at once, the sounds all around you, or you can let my mind drift, become detached.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Ciora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:57 pm
I meditate whenever I can. For me, its my way of finding my center. Gaining balance, feeling in tune with my surroundings. As Jagged said, it helps a person control their temper. Where is the downside in that?

In my religion, (Asatru/Heathenry) we use meditation to achieve a trance-like state, which then we travel the other realms/planes of the World Tree, Yggdrasil. It's a form of divination, also called scrying or Seidhr.

I believe that meditation is a way of strengthening your mind. No one knows the full potential of the human brain. Its a way we can gain access to certain areas that are typically unused or misunderstood.

Also, there are many levels of meditation. The main problem I see most people have is the lack of patience to sit still and completely relax for such a long amount of time (without falling asleep, heh). If you can't do that, you won't ever delve as deeply as you have the potential to.

How I meditate is probably one of the more common ways. First, I have to set the mood. I tend to go off by myself, since I'm easily distracted in the earlier stages. In my room, I have a miniture water fountain that I plug in. I find it so much easier to focus on trickling water to get to the point where I can just "let go". If I'm upset/angry, I use loud and somewhat violent music to divert the negative emotions.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:48 pm
Both thanks for these reactions, I'm gonna try em out wink  

gundam-chan

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:58 pm
Um, Ciora, all parts of the human brain are used, just not at the same time.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:41 pm
lol rofl wow,gundam-chan.....i teach u how to start meditating and uve become almost attached to the idea^.^ i hope u learn your own ways of doing it,but u can still use the way i taught u if u wish*bows*

lol.i guess this could be seen as a way of researching it,and i personally have to agree with what Jagged and Ciora have said.gundam-chan,id just like to bring to your attention a couple key points in what all 3 of us have told you. 1,weve all said in one way or another that it relaxes us quite a bit.2,when u start,its typically hard to stop(believe me,i meditate 4-5 times a day sweatdrop ) 3,it helps to find a certain balance and (in my opinion) makes u a more calm,centered,and aware person...(just another thing to help u see Lilith^.~ wink )  

13GreenRoses

Ciora

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:17 pm
Lord Jagged
Um, Ciora, all parts of the human brain are used, just not at the same time.
You sure like picking on me. ^^

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43006-2005Jan2.html

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/96/103943.htm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175755,00.html

http://www.journaloflongevity.com/127/brainserum.html

These are examples of what I meant.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:01 am
I meditate from time to time. There are 3 kinds I know how to do. The first one is the traditional kind. Sitting/laying down and focusing on nothing. The second is a quick version. I Forget everything for a couple seconds and use the white light tech. to help find my center/balance. I often do this before sparring. The last I use for telekinesis. I go into a half concious state. I focus only on one object. At my level, ussually a candle. The brighter, the better. I feel for the candle and connect with it. From there, depending on the strength of my link, Alter the candle. I can steady it, excite it. Make it taller, make it fatter, hotter, or cooler. If I try hard enough, I can use it's heat to light a candle right next to it. It's fun. ^_^  

VivoDePyre

Ciora

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:01 pm
Pyrokin132
I often do this before sparring. ^_^
whee Martial arts? What sort?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:58 am
Thanks everyone, this subject is really interesting me smile

((And I belive my sister is too, she's been trying it for a while now >_>))  

gundam-chan

13GreenRoses

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:25 pm
gundam-chan
Thanks everyone, this subject is really interesting me smile

((And I belive my sister is too, she's been trying it for a while now >_>))

well,im happy that i gave you something that interests you so much^.^  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff