Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
WHY Sailor Moon is no longer on TV or on Shelves

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndrama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:16 pm
This sticky will be created by you, the knowledgable fans who like to do their research. Link to your proof and show the people who are curious WHY they cannot find DVDs, get the mangas, and see episodes. Well, aside from YouTube and EBay...

Because people just kept spamming the thread to talk about WHERE to get what DVDs are left in America instead of why there is only a small supply, this thread is locked. Please PM me if you find a website with an article about Toei's anime lockdown.

I'll start you off:

• Toei revoked the airing and distribution rights to all countries except Japan, even Europe (link forthcoming, first to provide it gets credit)
  • Kodansha refuses to give translation rights to the new manga because of poor sales (link forthcoming, again first to provide it gets credit)
  • Stars was never aired outside of Japan and Europe because it contains nudity and severe violence beyond possible editing to keep the plot for most countries to allow minors to view on cable (All you need is to see Episode 199 and 200 to prove this)
  • Naoko has vowed multiple times in interviews, at conventions, and on her own website that there will be no continuation of Sailor Moon and that she will move on to new projects; Stars was the final arc/season (not really a reason, but there are a LOT of rumors that a 'new' season will be released soon)
  • BSSM is over 12 years old and to most countries is considered 'too old and stale' to air anymore

Yukito Yu
In Anime Boston in April 11th, 2004, Geneon has publically stated that the contract to the three Sailor Moon movies will end when this year ends. December 31, 2004 will be the final day of the contract, and the movies will immediately go to out of print status. While copies might remain in stores after this date, once they're gone, they're gone. Geneon stated that the Sailor Moon licenses are non-renewable, thus confirming that when any license regarding Sailor Moon is set to end, it will end. This announcement does not regard the S and SuperS seasons however, as they are on a different contract that the movies are on. While I'm sure the license to those two seasons will end within two years, the actual day this will happen is not known at this time. (I was at the convention)

ADV Films today announced that the first 86 episodes of the original Sailor Moon television series will no longer be available in the U.S. on home video after April 1, 2004. Although the response of the fans and sales of this video series in both the dubbed- and uncut-subtitled format have been tremendously successful, the creators of the program have decided against continuing the availability of the home video in the U.S. at this time. All episodes released under ADV Films will remain available for sale in retail outlets while supplies last.
http://www.advfilms.com/GEN_UpdateDetails.asp?ID=75 (03/11/2004)

This will end up looking much better as it goes on. I'll add a cute graphic or something, but this was needed to stop the rumor mills about it airing on Cartoon Network in X months, and help inform the younger fans. Do NOT PM me anything for this, just post here with a link, if you have no link to a credible fan/news site to prove it is not just a rumor, please refrain from insisting that it is a truth.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:56 am
In a store by where I live they have like a ton of SM stuff, even Stars, in jap unedited. But it's really costy so unless you have over a thousand $ to spend on it you can't really get it here in MN. 'Cept at cons.  

KajiKyuubi

+Songstress Ashes+

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:08 pm
You can buy DVDs at your local electronic store...

At least everywhere I've been I've seen some...

You can also order online...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:33 pm
In MI we have a cosplay store dedicated to BSSM. Thought you all should know. ninja  

Mistress Starlee

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:05 pm
I didn't know MI had any good stores. Where at? I'm up in the mid-MI area, so it is probably too far away, but I'd like to know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:50 pm
This thread is for talking about the reasons why Toei and Kodansha have stopped the rights to make new DVDs and mangas, not to talk about stores that have products still remaining on the shelves >.> Please make a new topc for that!  

Syndrama

YoukaiKoneko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:23 am
My friend has bought some of the DVD's of SM at FYE (for your entertainment)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:36 pm
You know something died inside when sailor moon got taken off...  

With the current

6,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

[Amarante]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:27 pm
I don't know why they would stop. I mean there are a lot of Sailor Moon fans. Though I guess I could understand the nudity part and why they won't air it on television. Also the money they get... I they have a way different view than I do. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:31 pm
Does anyone know where i can get some box sets or a few of the individual DVD's?  

PhoenixForce14

Damita

Newbie Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:08 am
You can get all of the Sailor Moon DVDs, CDs and I think the manga (not sure about manga) on Amazon. It's expensive though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:33 am
>.> All right. I'm locking this now and just setting it up for people to PM me if they find sites with information.  

Syndrama

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:06 pm
I google-translated the Sailor moon Channel website... it suggests a renewal of somekind...
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://sailormoon.channel.or.jp/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search?q=Sailormoon+Channel&hl=en&sa=G

Check it out.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:11 pm
Rush_Hardroc

That's a TOY being re-released to the manufacturing line... not a season sweatdrop  

Syndrama

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:19 am
~Alechsa~
Rush_Hardroc

That's a TOY being re-released to the manufacturing line... not a season sweatdrop

I didn't say a season, but a re-release of merchandise.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games