Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Coolness vs. MUST SEE NOW!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

May 25th or ASAP?
May 25th! Come on man, TOWEL DAY!
52%
 52%  [ 9 ]
ASAP, doi.
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
WTF? Towel Day?
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
WOAH! There's a Movie?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

[Tetris.Ninja]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:40 pm
Alright, now I know everyone is all up and giddy about them finally making a HHG movie. But the thing is, I think the release date should be more monumental.

In short, I think that the release (in it's world-wide entirety) should be May 25th. Why? Because May 25th is Towel Day. A day where the entire world (or at least the cool people) commemorate Douglas Adams, and what better way to do so then to release the movie based on his masterpiece on his day?

Anyone in agreement? Or do you all just want the movie to come out as soon as possible?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:29 pm
If I had to wait a bit longer for it to be on Towel Day. Then yes...I could!  

Electric_Tok

Marisynos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:04 am
But, but, see, the thing is this.

As of right now, I have 5 dates to dress up/act oddly and laugh at the people who don't know why.

April 29th, May 19th, May 25th, July 16th, and November 18th. If they wait to put the move out on the 25th of May, that's one less day for me to act out! Can't have a bit of that, sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:55 am
Towel Day! As much as I want to ssee the movie ASAP having it released on TOwel day would be too perfect and well worth the wait.  

Hiei_no_miko

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

[Tetris.Ninja]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:05 pm
I do take into effect the arguement of Saradiel, it is great fun to act out and I can understand that you would like to take as many possible oppurtunities to dress-up and acot out.

But it would just be too perfect and well-timed to have it released on May 25th. Electric_Tok and Hiei_no_miko are in concurrence with me on this fact.

However, the big money-making corporations aren't going to push back the release date because they're money-grubbing freakazoids. (and not even the cool freakazoids). So in the end those of you who wished for the quickest release date will win. *pout*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:15 pm
It would definately be better on Towel Day. And, you can carry around a satchel, towel, and fake guide around everyday, can't you? Dress up everyday - it scares people. XD  

Mad Hattress Emuko

Pashunath

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:20 pm
I must seee it ASAP or I shall die!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:33 am
if it gets pushed back to Towel Day, i won't be able to see it on opening day. so no.  

MST3Kakalina

feintingfolly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:41 pm
While I agree with you on the whole Towel Day thing, the problem is that then the movie would be competing with Star Wars, which, I have to say would not be good. As much as I love Hitchhiker, there just aren't as many fans. i think they're making a good move having it come out before Star Wars because then people who have no idea what H2G2 is will go and see it as a sort of preparation for star wars.

Besides, I really don't want to wait that long.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:09 am
feintingfolly
While I agree with you on the whole Towel Day thing, the problem is that then the movie would be competing with Star Wars, which, I have to say would not be good. As much as I love Hitchhiker, there just aren't as many fans. i think they're making a good move having it come out before Star Wars because then people who have no idea what H2G2 is will go and see it as a sort of preparation for star wars.

Besides, I really don't want to wait that long.

This is definitely a very valid point.

*bounces up and down impatiently* I can't wait for either of them to come out. Now I just have to work on getting a robe/cloak sewn up so I can go as Barriss Offee to the Ep 3 premier. *droolage*

At least H2G2 is easy to dress for with normal clothing.  

Marisynos

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Wow, I'm glad I don't have to wait untill May.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:44 pm
angilwingz
Wow, I'm glad I don't have to wait untill May.

As am I. Only 1 WEEK! *Is getting the gum-I mean Babel fish ready for the movie*  

dudebro711

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:26 am
Towel day is 25th May?

Why? He died a fortnight before then - shouldn't towel day, a day for what seems to be commemorating his death, actually be the same day as his death?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:03 am
Zoutout
Towel day is 25th May?

Why? He died a fortnight before then - shouldn't towel day, a day for what seems to be commemorating his death, actually be the same day as his death?

I assure you this fact confuses me also, however it is indeed the 25th. Check the website. (which can be easily found via google)  

[Tetris.Ninja]

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:54 pm
psychotic emu
Zoutout
Towel day is 25th May?

I assure you this fact confuses me also, however it is indeed the 25th. Check the website. (which can be easily found via google)
whee  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games