Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Kaor Yuki's Alichino Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

boobeebaah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:30 am
The artwork is GREAT! However, the story was pretty... vague.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:46 am
But Kaori Yuki didn't write Alichino. D:

It would be cool if she did, though. cool

Anyway, I like Alichino. ^_^  

Amaloli

Yuuasa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:57 pm
o.o' it doesnt even look like its by kaori yuki 0~0' way off '>~>  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:53 am
Huh? Alichino is Kaori Yuki? I didn't even know, and I own it.

Yeah, I like the art in that series a lot, but the story sucks and the characters don't really have any personality for me. I still haven't bought the third volume and it's been out for months.  

The Lady Eyeball

The Lady Eyeball

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:54 am
Alsh-chan
o.o' it doesnt even look like its by kaori yuki 0~0' way off '>~>

I agree. It doesn't really look like her art at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:14 pm
Lumicran_Minamoto
Yes! The artwork is amazing! So into detail... And yeah....The plot is really hard to follow. biggrin

hmm? really? i thought the plot was pretty straight foward but the characters' emotions were hard to figure out.  

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:49 am
shwedagonchaos
Lumicran_Minamoto
Yes! The artwork is amazing! So into detail... And yeah....The plot is really hard to follow. biggrin

hmm? really? i thought the plot was pretty straight foward but the characters' emotions were hard to figure out.

Could be because Shurei doesn't seem to draw the characters smiling very much...
There's only one or two instances of a real smile, everything else is an evil smirk or a kind of benevolent and gentle look...or its mostly apathy most of the time...thanks Tsugiri razz

Motives are all jumbled up in that story, its pretty hard to tell what anybody is REALLY thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:47 pm
Sai-kun
shwedagonchaos
Lumicran_Minamoto

Could be because Shurei doesn't seem to draw the characters smiling very much...
There's only one or two instances of a real smile, everything else is an evil smirk or a kind of benevolent and gentle look...or its mostly apathy most of the time...thanks Tsugiri razz

Motives are all jumbled up in that story, its pretty hard to tell what anybody is REALLY thinking.

Like I said to someone else, the art is so damn "pretty" that you can't stop looking at it, and the story goes waaaay over your head. Especially mine.

The characters have those 'Children of the Damned' eyes, from how someone described that look to me.

I only got these books because I had a giftcard, not much of a selection to chose from, and I figured I could tweak my drawing style a bit for some RP I'm in.. drawing characters and such...

I like Kaori Yuki's work A LOT more, because its good without detracting from the story.  

Saburou

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Saburou
Sai-kun
shwedagonchaos
Lumicran_Minamoto

Like I said to someone else, the art is so damn "pretty" that you can't stop looking at it, and the story goes waaaay over your head. Especially mine.

The characters have those 'Children of the Damned' eyes, from how someone described that look to me.

I only got these books because I had a giftcard, not much of a selection to chose from, and I figured I could tweak my drawing style a bit for some RP I'm in.. drawing characters and such...

I like Kaori Yuki's work A LOT more, because its good without detracting from the story.

It would help if the series were actually finished.
I didn't have a problem understanding it and I only have the Japanese volumes.
Geh, just as it was getting good too, the manga had to go on hiatus -_- The next book was supposed to be about one of my favorite characters...

The art bolsters the haunting, dream-like story, but maybe people like more straight foward stories.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:20 am
I suppose so. Its a more slow-paced series, from what I've read... Its a lot better than most of the stuff they pile into the American market, for certain...

I just have a slight attention span issue... >.>;  

Saburou

Liz Scarlet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:17 am
chloe_shun_kishida
Kaori Yuki's manga: Alichino.^^ Rave about it here^^

wow, your thread really caught my attention.
cool

hmm..the artwork of alichino is fantastic, but the story plot sucks.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:04 pm
...way to make a mistake. =|

I was just going to say "She didn't make it"; though I'm about 3 pages late.

Since this IS a KY guild...pay more attention next time?

Seliece

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:19 am
-headdesk-

The art of Alichino is amazing. Although I don't remember reading volume one, I think I read a random volume and pretty much art-gasmed. It's BEAUTIFUL. I don't think I could ever read that series cause I wouldn't remember what happened--the art would be too distracting!

Though the art is also gothic style, it is rather different from Kaori Yuki's. Kaori Yuki's gothic art [at least in Count Cain/Godchild] seems more flower based, and uses mostly contrasting colors. And sometimes, the character design seems slightly off; maybe the chin is a little to in, an eyebrow too high.

In Alichino, at least the Alichino are a little too perfect. The art is a lot more fantastical, with beads everywhere and such.

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff