Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits
Are Tarot Cards dangerous? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarot Cards
  What are they <<<<Me
View Results

Ciora

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:29 pm
You can't always go by exactly what the book says. Are you using the standard Rider-Waite deck? If not, who designed the deck? There are all sorts of interesting characters that come out with them... and not all can be trusted. When reading anything magic(k)ally related... always take everything that is said with a grain of salt. If it doesn't appear to be true... or you feel that it is wrong.. then take it as such. (Read some of Ravenwolf's works... and you will see what I mean)

I've worked with tarot for nearly 18 years. I see it as a tradition... a ceremonial sort of activity that is done whenever necessary as well as on specific/special occasions. (There are so many different spreads/layouts that are used for either) For others, tarot is just a way of divination. Some use it strictly for entertainment. The point of views from each are certainly diverse... It all boils down to which way you see it from. Personally, I think it is rather biased to just come out and say "Don't do readings too often,". If you're going to say so, at least give a good explanation as to why or list examples that it would be a negative thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:18 pm
Ciora
You can't always go by exactly what the book says. Are you using the standard Rider-Waite deck? If not, who designed the deck? There are all sorts of interesting characters that come out with them... and not all can be trusted. When reading anything magic(k)ally related... always take everything that is said with a grain of salt. If it doesn't appear to be true... or you feel that it is wrong.. then take it as such. (Read some of Ravenwolf's works... and you will see what I mean)

I've worked with tarot for nearly 18 years. I see it as a tradition... a ceremonial sort of activity that is done whenever necessary as well as on specific/special occasions. (There are so many different spreads/layouts that are used for either) For others, tarot is just a way of divination. Some use it strictly for entertainment. The point of views from each are certainly diverse... It all boils down to which way you see it from. Personally, I think it is rather biased to just come out and say "Don't do readings too often,". If you're going to say so, at least give a good explanation as to why or list examples that it would be a negative thing.

Aye, I'm using Rider-Waite. I have only been ussing them for awhile. I have good intuition but I have problems listening sometimes. I do have a question though... I try to keep all my cards in the same order BUT every so often, maybe once every two readings, I get an backwards one. I know the significance of a backwards one but how the heck do they change sides?

(I just read your comment to the first rule I said. I meant not to give Yourself readings very often.)  

VivoDePyre

Ciora

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:06 pm
That is the magic of the cards. They arrange themselves however they wish. I've seen that many times, where cards will flip upside down even though the way I have shuffled them that they stay right-side-up. It's nothing you can change or prevent. I have seen situations where I put one card on the bottom of the deck. I shuffle once... it is on the top. It is not physically possible for such to occur, yet it happens nonetheless.

Also, if certain cards try to pop out of the deck (as in slipping out while you are shuffling), take them aside and look at them. I did a reading last week where the same two cards were obviously trying to do so. Three times, they landed right in my lap just after the Querent cut the deck. It tends to generally be an added insight or summary of the reading.. and is worth looking into.

The key to doing good readings.. push aside all prejudices and concentrate on being receptive.

Rider-Waite is a good place to start. If you can't bond with the deck as strongly as required, you can branch off and find a more customized version.

Here is one of the decks I use when I read others:

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/spiral/

It's one of the more beautiful and high quality decks I have ever worked with.

I use Rider-Waite when reading myself. There is still nothing wrong with doing constant readings on yourself. It won't cause any harm. The most that can happen is that the deck will become bored and spout out jumbled readings. Where it may make little sense to you, it is very good to practice. Reading yourself... you are most biased, hence making it difficult to keep a clear mind. If you truly wish to reading tarot well, you will eventually get to the point that you keep your focus strong and your readings equally so, no matter how often you have your cards out.

There is one rule, that I don't think I have mentioned yet. It's not really a rule, but moreso common curtesy to your deck. Never ask the same question in the same day (for the same Querent). You can however reword the question and vary it a bit. (Think of a four year old child asking repetitively in a car ride.. "Are we there yet?". Eventually, the cards will get bored and tell you what you want to hear so you will shut up)

When the Querent asks a question or wants to learn about something, make sure that keep that sentence very clear in their mind. If needed, take a few moments before the shuffling begins to form a strong wording of what the Querent desires. It makes all the difference in the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:18 am
My two cents with Ouija boards, not that anyone cares--they are a Western invention, first meant as a parlor game. The power they have is that which we ascribe to them. Ouija actually comes from "oui"-french for yes, and "ja"-german for yes.

Also, with Tarot--I have been using the Hanson-Roberts deck, and it's a very nice one to work with. Gentle colors, a bit calmer than, say, the Thoth deck. I've found that one a bit tempermental.  

Nyctalopia

Erebean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:18 am
Nox -Chan
Are they?

Are they a lot safer than a ouija board. (Me:I know they are not the same.One's a ghost hunting tool.)
Do you have any experince with them.
Um what are some rules about them?

No. Tarot cards are no more or less safer than the Ouija board. Either one can be used to help yourself understand something. Or they can be used to help you communicate with something else. And if you are not careful you could unknowingly end up communicating with something that is considerably unfriendly.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:05 am
can somebody tell me what a tarot card is? :/  

neighley haynes

3,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100

cemetary dweller

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:59 pm
i dont really think tarot cards could be dangerous. quji boards on the other hand, i have heard that sombody had been possessed by one, but i dont really know about them  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 pm
the lolinator
can somebody tell me what a tarot card is? :/

tarot cards are basically psychic cards that tell the future (or so ive heard)  

cemetary dweller

Inu Hanami

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:54 pm
Never use eitheer of the two. Tarot cards are just as bad as oujea bords.
never use one exclaim exclaim exclaim wahmbulance talk2hand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:23 am
Gods, What's wrong with half of you people?

Tarot cards and Ouji boards are tools. Tools used by people. Alone, They do no harm. They are Biased. It is people who make them "bad" or "evil" to use.

An Ouji board, when used, is like an antenna. But like unprotected sex, without any sort of protection {I.e. circle or protective symbol upon the board, etc} you'll get whatever is near by, weither it be good or bad. I've used an ouji board with out any trouble and have done so much good with it, but it was because I used protection and knew how to use it correctly.

Your energy activates it, Your sensitivity to channeling allow it to work, You make it evil or good. Do not damn the tool for your stupidity.

With an Ouji board you can summon {I.e. Angels, Spirit Guides, Deities willing to talk as well as dead loved ones.}, read the past and future and etc.

And the fact that you would diss tarot cards like some devil's toy really erks me considering many catholics used them as party games and ways of keeping record. I love my cards, and have only gotten the truth from them, and infact have helped many people with them as well. The thing about cards is that it relies on randomization of a bunch of colored cards with pictures with meanings. What makes them work is *once again* you. You are the only person that can ******** something up as simple as channeling energy into colored paper cards to read a life problem for a loved one.

With Tarot cards you can read both the past and future. You can also channel messages depending on the deck {I.e. Angel cards} or the person reading the cards. There is also Tarot magic which uses the symbolism in the cards to carry out your will.

With out the person, they are merely colored cardboard and paper. Nothing strange or evil about them.

Some people are more inclined then others with the tools, Like for some, they can read can perfect accuracy whilst another may get a bunch of unreadable rubbish. Or have you ever noticed how when someone posts about using an Ouji board, some will say it never worked for them, but others will say it did?

The moral of this rant was;

Energy, My dear children. Energy is what makes these tools tick.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter what I say. This is just mindless dribble from a Diabetic whose blood sugar has dropped low enough to kick start her shaky hands and irritability.

Lumiveria

Lumiveria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:24 am
Erebean
Nox -Chan
Are they?

Are they a lot safer than a ouija board. (Me:I know they are not the same.One's a ghost hunting tool.)
Do you have any experince with them.
Um what are some rules about them?

No. Tarot cards are no more or less safer than the Ouija board. Either one can be used to help yourself understand something. Or they can be used to help you communicate with something else. And if you are not careful you could unknowingly end up communicating with something that is considerably unfriendly.

This.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 am
Ciora

Ho snapples! Someone who doesn't love Mama Silver?! Blasphemy!

She said I waz a wikkan. crying

But seriously, I love what you've said. And I totally agree.

Lumiveria

love my gum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:02 am
I give this warning. DON'T MESS WITH THOSE DANG BOARDS. DON'T PLAY WITH THEM, DO THEM FOR FUN, OR ANYTHING THAT'S NOT SERIOUS. THESE NEED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!!! Spirits can come from these boards, I've seen it happen. If you do this I suggest you know how to get that dang spirit out of here. Maybe you have to yell at it that you believe in your Lord and you command that spirit by your Lords name to get the hell out of there and leave you alone. I don't care how ya do it but be ready if you do the boards. The cards shouldn't be a problem though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:43 pm
i want to know how to do a sayonse you know contact the dead and stuff  

michelle of light

Ghosts, Demons/Angels and Spirits

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out