Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Industrial question, 6 months still not fully healed, worry?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

just nuthing
  yay
View Results

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:46 pm
i got my industrial december 23rd (yes i rememebr the exact date, it was a special day lol) and it still isn't fully healed. is this cause for worry? I sleep on it sometimes, not everynight but once in a while. I also use headphones that clamp onto my ears. Thats pretty much all i can think of that would lead to it healing slowly, but today some puss came out of the bottom hole and i'm thinking it's because i spent most of the night sleeping on it. I've also taken it out a few time to change ball colors, which also probably added to irritation.

it's not that i'm in pain, just that if i press on it i do feel some tenderness, a.k.a. it not being completely healed.

the only other thing i can think of is that it's sergical steal, and i think i'm sensitive to it, but i had a wth lobe piercing done with a sergical steal cbr and it's fully healed, though that was done maybe 2 months before the industrial.

i plan on buying a different colored bar from my piercer, i'm wondering is all colored bars titanium, or is there such thing as colored surgical steal, because i always hear it refered to as colored titanium. (and i hear titanium is better for people sensitive to metal or whatnot, right?)

so i'm wondering, 6 month old industrial that isn't healed, am i missing something?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:44 am
O.o geez mine's like that too. Minus the puss part.
Mine just has those bump things but they come and go (strange).

I believe all colored bars are titanium unless it says it's like acrylic or something else.

Best to ask 3nodding  

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:27 pm
I've had cartilage piercings take a year or so to fully heal, and they're not even industialized. Having two piercings connected is going to slow down healing pretty much because they are more likely to get knocked around with the extra jewelry. Plus if one is hit, the other is bound to feel it as well. Another factor would be is you're healing two piercings at once, which always slows down healing. I almost always get my piercings in pairs, so my healing times tend to take the longer time mentioned on healing estimates.

Changing the bar is going to irritate it most likely. I don't think any piercing likes the initial jewelry change. If it were me, and the bar isn't bothering the piercings (aka metal allergy with redness, skin trying to "pull away" from the metal, itching), I'd just leave it in and wait until it's more happily healed. If you're set on it, it shouldn't have a whole lot of bearing on healing, but it could prolong it slightly. (There's my 2 cents on that xp )

A bar of high quality that's colored is probably titanium. It goes through a anodizing process (Link explaining that). Just make sure you're getting something anodized and not color coated because the jewelry is usually crap and will most likely bother your sensitive ears. Titanium or niobium should work for you since you're probably allergic to the nickle in stainless steel, and nickle isn't in either of those. I don't know a whole lot about niobium, but it's elemental and it is heavier than stainless steel, and titanium is lighter than stainless steel.

So yea, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Healing at six months is fine, just take care of it and it'll get better.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:35 pm
ya, plus i'm also healing an eyebrow peircing (that hopefully isn't rejecting) and a relatively new nose piercing. i want to do more to my ears, but i took a vow not to get anything new any time soon, expecialy not in july, so at the end of july it will of been 7 months and i'll re-evaluate then. My birthday is the last day of august and i was thinking i'd get somethign new then, as a happy 17th sort of thing, so around then it will of been 8 months. i don't want to have my industrial, nose, and eyebrow, PLUS a new piercing all healing at once, so i guess i'll have to wait until my industrial is completely healed. hopefully 8 ish months will do the trick

also don't want to get something right before winter, because i wont be able to wear hats. i remember how my winter hat hurt my industrial >.<

edit: oo oo plus, chances are the next thing i do will be my rook on the opposit ear of my industrial, because i find it too plain compaired to my industrialized ear, so i'll need to have the indu healed in order to sleep on it, since i'll be off the other ear after a new piercing >.< (and i don't liek sleeping on my back)  

[NUTs]

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:36 pm
I have to keep myself away from getting new piercings too. After my three month spree of getting pierced (6 piercings total) at the beginning of the year, I have to wait until they heal more until after summer so I can swim. Healing piercings during pool season sucks I must say, and I won't play that game again. Though luckily it give a good long time for me to heal what I have before I get more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:20 pm
well i don't really swim, and it's so tempting to get a new piercing, even though they hurt so bad and i don't have the highest tolerance for pain. i think i have an addiction rofl though really eventualy i'll hit a point where theres nothing left i'm willing to pierce, so that will be my cut off point. then on to tattoos! ahah well maybe.... i know i'm getting one when i'm 18, thats for sure.  

[NUTs]

[Nichi]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:05 pm
Mine's the same way and I got it in August or September or so of 2005. At times I can slide it through effortlessly and sleep on it when I please. Other times, however, it's painful, feels tight, gets these bumps on it that hurt slightly, is a pain to sleep on, gets small crusties.

Twice I believe, there's been a considerably large pus-filled bump that I couldn't help but pop. I swear, it was completley full of disgusting light yellow/clear pus. It also bled quite a bit.

I am wearing a coloured titanium bar in it, so the jewelry shouldn't be a problem. I think it's just that cartlidge piercings are quite finicky in general. My mother has a few and she says that hers are still painful and act up sometimes, and she's had them for 10+ years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:51 pm
did she do them with a needle or a gun? cuz i knew someone who did it with a gun like a long time ago and said it still hurts her sometimes.

also, same with me with the sleepign thing. sometimes i can, sometimes i can't, and recently it's a bit crusty everyday. no bumps though (thanks god)  

[NUTs]

October Dawn

5,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:36 am
i've been thinking about getting an industrial.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:11 am
It's been about 6 months since I had my industrial pierced, and it's still not fully healed either. It's kind of annoying.  

powerandintent

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:21 pm
uhg ever since i put in a new bar, mines been a real beotch. the bar was too short but it LOOKED the same size as my old one, aparently i was wrong... i got a bump on the inside top hole, a half bump on the outside, and sort of baby ish bump on the bottom hole inside and out. so i changed back to my old bar, balls i was pierced with too, not any cheap plastic ones, and it's been about a week i think. so the bump went way down but is still there, and the back of the bottom hole is a bit hard and everytime i clean it it's scabby >.< i'm hoping maybe give it another week and the bumps will be totaly gone, like how they were before i put in the (super freakin awsome) new jewelry emo

and this is starting my 9th month of having it -__- but theres no way in hell i'm giving up... i heard it could take a year... so i'm not worrying till december sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:42 pm
I've only had my industrial for about 3 months and mines fully healed, I can take it out play with it leave it out and everything without problems. Try eating more protien, it speeds up your healing for just about everything  

hellfireangel

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff