Wanker?
  LOLZPOLLWHORE
View Results

Hzza
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:10 am
OK, first of YES I HAVE MORALS evil .

but getting to the point.

I have a difficult choice ahead of me. As most (some) of you know, I'm jobless after leaving my bar job. Well, soon after I left there was alot of changes being made, and I think if I had stayed, I would probably be a manager by now. I hated that job with a passion, but it was ******** good money, my wages weren't that great, but the tips almost doubled my wages, week in, week out. Which was nice.

So, after leaving, I did some job hunting and applied to be a banker at the Halifax (cool people, other then that wanker that does the adverts, youtube it just to get an idea). The interview went really well and they've put we through to the second stage, BONUS! This could be my future. They've offered me a really good package (shares, insurance, PAID holiday!!) and a nice anual salary.

The dilema is this:

I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO WORKING IN BARS!! crying

I know that I'm probably just being nostalgic about it, but I love getting people drunk, I love all the people I have EVER worked with in pubs (and still stay in contact with most of them) and my entire social life revolves around bars that I have worked in.

I always wanted to be a manager of the first pub I worked in (51), and now theres a position open for assistant manager. And the main manager is the infamous Dr. Chief Inspector Plums (the guy in the nurses uniform, pulling a silly face). AKA, my brother.

So what should I do, I can think long term, get this well paid, job in a bank, and (effectivly) fall off the face of the earth OR go back to minimum wage, working all the hours under the sun as a manager, and partying like ******** ME!!

(Also, as a side note, does anyone know what that little ! button above my name does? I click, and nothing happens? Is it secretly syphoning off money into some offshore acount somewhere? Is it the TMcC button "Press this and get flammed" thing? WTF?!?)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:30 am
Ok first i'm pretty sure the "!" is for when you get a pink link or a box or one of them things.

You need to think about what is more important to you now, and what will be more important to you in the future.

If your a banker, you'll get decent hours and decent money ... and you'll still be able to see all your bar friends. And if you really have a passion for getting people wasted, well you can come visit me.

But on the other hand the bar job would make you happy while at the same time making you misserable from working 7 days a week.

I don't really know what to tell you, I hope your happy with whatever you decide.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

Space Jesus
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:46 pm
Try the bank thingy for a little bit, if it sucks go back to the pubs.

Edit: oh, and lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:24 pm
I'm 24 and I work with retarded kids (no seriously, so shut up) and I get paid s**t for it... I could quit and work at the hospital as a secretary or something lame that I'd probably not like and be making double the money...

but I finally figured that if I'm going to be working for a good percentage of my life I might as well be poor and doing something I love than well off and hating most of my time because I'm at work.

Its a tough call... but hopefully you'll wake up and realize that I'm mostly right all of the time, always. ninja  

MrauMrau

Space Jesus
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:26 am
MrauMrau
I'm 24 and I work with retarded kids (no seriously, so shut up) and I get paid s**t for it... I could quit and work at the hospital as a secretary or something lame that I'd probably not like and be making double the money...

but I finally figured that if I'm going to be working for a good percentage of my life I might as well be poor and doing something I love than well off and hating most of my time because I'm at work.

Its a tough call... but hopefully you'll wake up and realize that I'm mostly right all of the time, always. ninja
I did consider getting into your line of work a while ago, I mean I don't wanna get some shitty office job and just rot for my life. I want to help people, or do something that has a positive effect on the world.

Working with tard's would be cool though. No one questions you when you have tards with you, and you might get a cheap laugh out of it too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:16 am
I'm kinda hoping to get a job with a non-profit organization when I get my degree.

And I agree with tommy ... try to the bank thing, and if sucks a** go back to the pub thing.  

punkarama
Vice Captain

Hzza
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:43 pm
So, general consensus :

BOTH

Fudge it, your all probably right anyway!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:08 pm
Hzza
So, general consensus :

BOTH

Of course we are. We're on drugs. And then there's punky, who's punk.  

Space Jesus
Crew

punkarama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:37 pm
Space Jesus
Hzza
So, general consensus :

BOTH

Of course we are. We're on drugs. And then there's punky, who's punk.

You wish. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:38 pm
Space Jesus
MrauMrau

I did consider getting into your line of work a while ago, I mean I don't wanna get some shitty office job and just rot for my life. I want to help people, or do something that has a positive effect on the world.

Working with tard's would be cool though. No one questions you when you have tards with you, and you might get a cheap laugh out of it too.

They're grade A as far as entertainment goes.. how can you beat turning around to see some downs kid lick the urinal? (having to work with little ones that require changing is stupid. Don't do it. Nothing is worth having to deal with poo.)  

MrauMrau

Space Jesus
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:32 pm
xd

And heck yeah. There should never be an occasion where you should have to every put your hands near s**t.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:25 pm
True that vato, glad you agree  

MrauMrau

You might be here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas