Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Quitting...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ky-Kaisuke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:50 pm
Yeah well, I decided that I wanted to quit cutting... And i've been able to not do it for about 4 months now, but but but... It always gets harder not to want to do it... My girlfriend seems to be mad at me alot, none of my friends are keeping in touch with me... It just gets hard after a while... Was wondering if anyone has sucsesfully quit and might have gone through this sort of thing...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:13 pm
I'm sorry, hun.
] ;.
Sarah quit cutting.
Buuut.
I don't know what to say about the girlfriend issue.
] ;.
I sorries.

But good luck.
<33.
Rlly.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

__zo-.LED.ZEPPELIN.-so__

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:57 pm
I quit. I had so many people telling me to stop, and i was scared of the scars (bikinis.. @.@)
Just throw out your razor or whatever you use.
When you wanna cut, just think of something happy.
If your friends aren't keeping in touch, keep in touch with them, or get new friends.
Your girlfriend.. well .. talk to her. Maybe its time for a "renewal"( sweatdrop bad phrasing i know... )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:58 pm
cutting is not adictive you just make yourself think it is god stop whining and start cutting your hair like i do  

MONKIE LAD

[ Xinta Kitsune ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:11 pm
monkiefeces
cutting is not adictive you just make yourself think it is god stop whining and start cutting your hair like i do

How about you don't be a d**k face and don't be so insensitive. Cutting CAN be addictive, and apparently you never did, so you wouldn't know.

---

But anyway.....

I used to cut as well, dear. And...truthfully...I was additcted. I loved to have the blood dripping down my arm. The sensation of the metal....wow...okay. Don't need to go there.

But...really...all I did to stop..it took me years actually. Two.

You need people to help you with your depression and the things that drive you to cut. It's nearly impossible to do it on your own. Just...go to your closest friends...or...if you could try....break it down and talk to your girlfriend. See if she'll...help you.

But...I'm sorry I can't offer more. Hope things get better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 am
Ky-Kaisuke
Yeah well, I decided that I wanted to quit cutting... And i've been able to not do it for about 4 months now, but but but... It always gets harder not to want to do it... My girlfriend seems to be mad at me alot, none of my friends are keeping in touch with me... It just gets hard after a while... Was wondering if anyone has sucsesfully quit and might have gone through this sort of thing...

i've stayed away from cutting for about a year..... but.... i can't say i haven't resorted to other things in the mean time....

I've gotten drunk and attempted suicide..... took shots of tequila ...stopped that though...

and now i have 4 holes in my arm because out of nowhere a promise that was made to me that i'd get a second chance with.... her.... was broken and she said she never wanted to speak to me again.... it's been worked out since.... but the first thing i saw at that moment was a used fork in a bowl of spaghetti.... so.... you know the rest.... now i have a pair of pants with a big bloodstain on the pocket ..... and yeah...... i miss her so goddamned much......

sorry.... umm...

yeah... i don't know what to tell other than... it just takes will power.... and a lot of restraint... makes me go insane sometimes because i don't know what the hell to do... but i seem to make it.... last week for the beginning of the week my jaw hurt for clenching for about 3-4 days...

anyways... sorry for getting offtopic and rambling about my problems.....

*sigh*...

i just wish she'd come back to be and say things could be right again.... but she's too afraid to trust me.... i'm so ******** stupid...  

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50

_darkened_tears_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:13 am
I've tried quitting but I always seem to come back to it whenever things get really bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:59 pm
_darkened_tears_
I've tried quitting but I always seem to come back to it whenever things get really bad.

step 1: tense all your muscles, clench your jaw.
step 2: let out a muffled growl/scream
step 3: bury your face in you pillow or mash you face in your mattress and throw your body at it a few times
step 4: throw something fragile that isn't worth anything and means nothing to you... (don't break something that's not yours.... not cool)...
step 5: write/draw/listen to music/sing/play guitar or whatever you play

i wrote a couple poems as if i was committing suicide... and i was going to.... i attempted it... as in my last post. ... The poem helped a lot to calm my nerves...

go to my profile and click on my website and go to the poems section.
It's called "I Did It Today, Love"  

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50

Dark_Crudus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:23 pm
idk wat to tell ya man, sry to hear about it, u kinda just have to get rid of wat u use to cut, luckly for me i didnt get addicted to cuttin, i cut once (multiple times at one time but u know wat i mean) and i had a bunch of really good friends who got me to stop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 pm
Ky-Kaisuke

okay well think about all the progress that u've made so far - four months is a pretty long time keep on reminding ur self about how far u've come and try to remember cutting ur self wont make things better it will only take the pain away for a while , if ur gf's mad she'll eventually stop being mad and , make some new friends that will actually talk to you .well ive managed not to cut myself for 3 months but that time hasnt been easy there have been days when its all i ever think about when i get upset but ive made a promise that im not gonna do it anymore so hopefully i'll be able to stick to it . blaugh btw if u ever need to talk im here to listen .  

Broken and Damned

Redacted Account

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 am
Ky-Kaisuke
I sucessfully quit. I had a promise to my boyfriend that I wouldnt. Even though he has broken up wuth me now, we are still friends and I see it as a valid promise...it's not easy, but whenever I felt like cutting I just remember him and that it's not worth it....

That's all I've got xp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:27 pm
Archangel Izual
_darkened_tears_

step 1: tense all your muscles, clench your jaw.
step 2: let out a muffled growl/scream
step 3: bury your face in you pillow or mash you face in your mattress and throw your body at it a few times
step 4: throw something fragile that isn't worth anything and means nothing to you... (don't break something that's not yours.... not cool)...
step 5: write/draw/listen to music/sing/play guitar or whatever you play

i wrote a couple poems as if i was committing suicide... and i was going to.... i attempted it... as in my last post. ... The poem helped a lot to calm my nerves...

go to my profile and click on my website and go to the poems section.
It's called "I Did It Today, Love"
those steps are awesome.better then the ones i was gonna use. yes.....music/poetry alwalys helps me when i ever feel angered & wonder if cutting will make it better. but friends experiences have showed me it helps not at all & you have to stop it before it becomes addicting because its hard to stop after that.  

bleeding unicorn

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff