Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Queen Nehelenia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatsumigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:29 pm
Yeah I remeber in the anime when she turns into a old lady cause her beauty left.But she went back into the mirror so that she can stay young forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:08 am
Actually I learned something interesting the other day...I don't remember which (might've been the Celts) early British religion it was, but one of them worshipped a goddess called Nehelennia!

For short, they called her Elen of the Ways, because she was the guardian of travelers; I thought that was really interesting, because in a way, all the mirrors surrounding her in SM are like pathways to different places...  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Lacroia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:32 pm
I thought her name sounded like Nihil which means nothingness.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:34 pm
Mercuryangel
Actually I learned something interesting the other day...I don't remember which (might've been the Celts) early British religion it was, but one of them worshipped a goddess called Nehelennia!

For short, they called her Elen of the Ways, because she was the guardian of travelers; I thought that was really interesting, because in a way, all the mirrors surrounding her in SM are like pathways to different places...

It's spelled Nehalennia. *Used that actually.*

Apparentally she was more than just the parton goddess of Travelers, but also she is the least known about. There are some that believe she has an association with the Nether World. Also, her image is often depicted with a basket of fruits on a bow of a ship with a dog at her side.

>> There's actually a record decitcated to the goddess.

Some times she's also refered to as Nehellenia or Nephrina.

There's also a mineral that bears the same name and a species of frogs.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

User_8572

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:01 am
I love the fact that it's just a dark version of SLeeping Beauty - gotta love the classics!!  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff