Music and Literature collide.
  Neat.
View Results

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:31 pm
Overview:

Okay guys, this is a contest to test both musical knowledge and creativity.

The game is to make a short narrative, using the names of bands in the sentences. For example:

DarquePinkPaper
I was wearing White Stripes when I began to Panic!At the Disco.
I didn't know how I got here and felt like Garbage.
Last thing I remember was seeking Nirvana and my head felt Everclear but I guess it was All Too Much.
My body felt like a Sponge, and then I saw Our Lady Peace. She was there, this cute little Blondie just dancing, summoning up elements of Earth, Wind and Fire.

It's a simple enough concept. But there is a catch. The story has to meet our standards.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:32 pm
Rules:

At least two paragraphs. These paragraphs must be at least four sentenses each.

There is a 15 band name minimum. Repeating the same band twice, though it may be necessary, does not count as two seperate bands.

Story must play off the given theme of the contest.

Point of view does not matter.

Contest will run for two weeks, starting 07/07/06, and ending 07/21/06.  

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:35 pm
Points System:

DarquePinkPaper and I will be the judges. We'll be working with a points system to determine the winner. The entry that earns the most points will be crowned winner.

100 possible points total, 50 points from each of us.

10 points for orginality
10 points for sensical storytelling (Story has to make sense, guys.)
10 points for band name usage (Good name use in regards to the story.)
10 points for creativity
5 points for staying on theme (You either get these five, or you don't)
5 points for using minimum band name requirement (Again, either full credit or none)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:37 pm
Prizes:

First Place: 1000 Gold

Second Place: 500 Gold

Third Place: 250 Gold

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:38 pm
Theme:

A Day in the Life of a Sidekick.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:39 pm
Entries:

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:45 pm
Scoreing:

Story of the Bands

Polyphonic Twilight: 91 points

Steel Raccoon: 81 points  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 pm
Winning Entry:

Polyphonic Twilight
One day, 10,000 Maniacs and the Army of God both hung out their Black Flag to signify the upcoming Clash that would take place between the two groups. It was a time of war, and amazingly Papa Roach, the leader of the maniacs, had asked me to be his sidekick. Apparently, I was the Cream of the crop and the only maniac qualified to help him out.
Even though I thought being a sidekick was only for Simple Minds, when Papa Roach asked me I didn’t have a choice but to nod my head ‘Yes’ and accept the position anyway. He then brought me to the Fountains of Wayne in the nearby state of Kansas to give me my orders. He wanted me to be his Automatic Pilot while he shot at the bad guys from the windows of one of his B-52’s!
I asked if we could stop At The Drive-In first, because I was starving, but Papa Roach looked at me like I was an idiot and told me follow him to the plane. When I first started flying it, I thought it was awesome! We flew over Muddy Waters until we reached Texas, and there we flew right over an Oasis (who knew?!)
But then, the trouble started. I was ordered to fly the plane around in A Perfect Circle while Papa Roach tried to shoot down the members of God’s army. But I guess God saw the Explosions in the Sky and decided to do something about it. The airplane went through a fatal System Crash, and there was nothing I could do to get it flying properly. We went down and landed in a Savage Garden. I looked over to see where Papa Roach was, and found him dead. Too bad, but at least I was still alive! Just barely though, I realized as I began feeling the pain in my chest and looked down to see a pole sticking right through me.
I thought I saw a bunch of Barenaked Ladies surrounding me, but I was just being delusional: they weren’t ladies, they were the enemy! And they’d come to watch me suffer, those jerks…
But so, As I lay Dying (surrounded by extremely Bad Company, I may add) I realized that my “day in the life of a sidekick” was going to end up in “eternity as a dead sidekick.”

Light of Nuitari
Crew

Tricky Reveler

Steel Raccoon
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:26 pm
A Day in the Life of a Sidekick.

One day, Fall Out Boy and Radioactive Man were out Bowling for Soup, when they got a phone call from The Police. Fall Out Boy, who had been enjoying a snack while waiting for his turn, set down his Korn on the cob and glass of Vanilla Ice to pick up the phone.

"Hello," said the voice on the other end of the line. It was Sergeant Tommy Tutone. It took a moment for Fall Out Boy to respone, "Hey, Sergeant." The surprise in his voice was Ginuwine. Tommy had been off the job for 10 Years, ever since he had been injured apprehending the leader of The Bloodhound Gang, the nefarious criminal Weird Al.

"I'm in Dire Straits, and I need your help," began Tommy, "You know I wouldn't ask anyone for help, unless it was an emergency, and it is. I have Faith No More in the government, the Future Leaders of the World, and the Presidents of the United States of America, especially Bush."

"Anyway, here's the deal. A friend of mine, Stevie Nicks, is an archaeologist. Last week, while excavating a Mastodon, her team uncovered an Alien Ant Farm, concealed underneath. One of them dropped it, and released a Deep Purple gas, that rendered them all unconscious. When Stevie awoke, she was at home, in bed. Now she can't find out what happened to her team. She can't find any trace. Will you help?"

"Of course," said Fall Out Boy, "we'll be right over. You still live on Dream Street, right?"

After Tommy Tutone confirmed that he did, infact still live on Dream Street, Fall Out Boy turned to Radioactive Man and said, "Put down that Cake, we've got work to do."  
The Jackpot - Win some gold, yo.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games