Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Dorky boy?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jerven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:39 pm
Okay, so I have this friend that I've only recently come closer to. He's very funny and everything, and I really love hanging out with him. He seems very interessted in everything labled 'emo', like the music, clothing and the way to act. Bad thing is that he keeps making fun of it. He knows that I'm into emo music and I mean, he can see that I've got 'the' haircut, and I'm not sure if he's serious or not when he says "I want to be more emo!"

On to the point, he seems to be coming on to me (in a very awkward way, but then again I'm not sure how 'familiar' he is with girls), and we talk about more and more personal things. But he keeps making fun of emo kids cutting themselves, and I've been doing it since before christmas (and I really can't stop, kk). He's always saying things like "Oh, we all know you're wearing that to cover up your scars," and when my other friends are around as well, they get embarrased, since I've already told them about the cutting. I'm also concerned about how my reactions to his jokes look, sort of afraid he'll blow my cover.

What I'm asking is; should I tell him, go on keeping it secret, or do as a friend told me; try to calm him down when it comes to joking about it (though that would make it pretty obvious that I do it XS)?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:02 pm
If you truly value him as a friend you should really tell him that you do that. He'll probably stop joking and start taking it seriously.  

Bronn the Sellsword

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:06 pm
I agree.
You should tell him.
<3.
But good luck with what you choose to do.
<333.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:19 am
Thank you, guys heart  

Jerven

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:42 am
Jerven
Okay, so I have this friend that I've only recently come closer to. He's very funny and everything, and I really love hanging out with him. He seems very interessted in everything labled 'emo', like the music, clothing and the way to act. Bad thing is that he keeps making fun of it. He knows that I'm into emo music and I mean, he can see that I've got 'the' haircut, and I'm not sure if he's serious or not when he says "I want to be more emo!"

On to the point, he seems to be coming on to me (in a very awkward way, but then again I'm not sure how 'familiar' he is with girls), and we talk about more and more personal things. But he keeps making fun of emo kids cutting themselves, and I've been doing it since before christmas (and I really can't stop, kk). He's always saying things like "Oh, we all know you're wearing that to cover up your scars," and when my other friends are around as well, they get embarrased, since I've already told them about the cutting. I'm also concerned about how my reactions to his jokes look, sort of afraid he'll blow my cover.

What I'm asking is; should I tell him, go on keeping it secret, or do as a friend told me; try to calm him down when it comes to joking about it (though that would make it pretty obvious that I do it XS)?

It depends. What do you think his reaction will be? I mean, he might actually be serious when he says that, which I dout, but he might be, meaning that you'd only be proving what he said right. If he is just joking, then he'll either freak out and probably leave you alone, understand and be okay with it and would shut up, or he'll tell someone else.
If you try to get him to stop the joke, and he's a good friend, he will. But he might get suspicious of you and find out you actually do cut, which brings us back to the first paragraph.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:43 am
So I would tell him. It'll be better that way then him finding out some other way, and if he's a good friend, he'll understand.  

MaxstertheBard

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:24 pm
explain to him why people cut...
tell him it's no laughing matter... etc...

then when he's calmed himself down with the mocking ...

show him the scars and the cuts...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:05 pm
MaxstertheBard
Jerven

It depends. What do you think his reaction will be? I mean, he might actually be serious when he says that, which I dout, but he might be, meaning that you'd only be proving what he said right. If he is just joking, then he'll either freak out and probably leave you alone, understand and be okay with it and would shut up, or he'll tell someone else.
If you try to get him to stop the joke, and he's a good friend, he will. But he might get suspicious of you and find out you actually do cut, which brings us back to the first paragraph.

Well, that's exactly what I'm worried about. Because if he doesn't take me seriously enough, he's the kind of person to blurt it out to someone as a joke later X(  

Jerven

Lupis Reapyr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:10 pm
I think you should tell him if you haven't already, if he's really a good friend then things will at least turn out all right, but they probably won't be all right at first, no matter what. They might, but people are people, if he's joking about it it's probably not something he can easily just deal with.

Let us know what happens, okay?  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff