Submit

Facial tattos
  Ok, I guess
  Oooh Hell no.
  Whatever
View Results

5ki7713z

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:54 am
I want to get a purple star under my right eye. My family is against it. Ok, my dad. But, I'm 18, they pay me rent, and can evict them so I don't really take their opinions into consideration. Plus, I'm sure they'd get over it.

I know, "Face?! No, no, no, what if you don't like it?" Then why would I have gotten, or even thought about it?

I've heard all kinds of idiotic reasons not to, but they're from biased people who don't want me getting it in the first place.

So, what do (unbiased people) you think?

- 5ki7713z  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:06 pm
I think it's good, other than if it's a tattoo that comes and goes with the style. 'Cause then you'll end up regretting it, and it's kinda hard to hide. As long as you can picture yourself in every photo of yourself with that tattoo at any age and style, then go for it.  

Lisette333

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm
I would be VERY hesitant about getting a tattoo on your face. I've already mentioned before about thinking that 18 is sometimes even too young to get a tattoo in my opinion. I would suggest waiting atleast a year to think about before getting it done. You're still young. I'm the same age, so don't think I'm being some preachy adult. Plus, I don't know what kind of career your considering, but I would definately take that into account before getting something that highly visible to the public. I'd definately wait to see where your life is taking you before getting something permanent on your face.

So, please, give it some good LONG thought before diving into it. In a year if and/or when you still want it, you'll know for sure you made the right decision and should be happy with what you've done, even if it may mean possible career stuggles. If not, then you just saved some money, pain, and life issues.

I love the look of a good tattoo; I just hate to see people rush into things.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:20 pm
Warninglv100 said what I was thiking
oh also

It would be a star when you got it but in 50 years it would be a rather drooping and stretched star  

falllenshadows

megalo_maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:15 pm
That would look saweet! For a few years....

See, all tattoos seem to fade anf age and since I'm guess you'd be getting it fairly small, whats the bet it ends up as a faded blob on your face that looks like a mole or bruise or cancer or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:47 pm
I prefer to draw the star on my face wink  

Amens

Naughty Veteran

24,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Eruanion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:57 am

Along the lines of drawing a star on your face -
You might want to try a natural black temporary tattoo, often called 'Black Henna,' to see if you really want it there or not. Or, you can put it on whenever you get the urge to have facial tats, but don't want to commit to something with that much longevity.

It's called Harquus and is available from http://www.harquus.com

NEVER put something labelled and sold as 'Black Henna' on your face! It can cause permanent damage including blindness. Harquus is NOT 'Black Henna' but a blend of various natural dyes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:12 am
i'm half-minded about this. small facial tattoos i have a general liking for - i knew a girl with a star beside each eye, and it worked wonderfully for her. as for fading and blotting, what else is touching up a tattoo for, right?

but it is going to be a hassle in so many departments. getting work, making sure you'll still want it later, and yeah - the way it'll look down the line. if you're vehement about it, then honestly i say go for it, but only go for it KNOWING that it'll cause some hassles sooner or later.  

Muddud

Modified Mummy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:44 pm
I have my facial tattoo plan in my book. It's been there for a year and it'll be ther for at least another 2 before I actually go ahead and get it.

My artist has already been informed, and knows that he isn't allowed to do it untill a certain date, lol. after the 'right' length of time for me smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:31 pm
I've wanted paisley under my eyebrows for years, but my girlfriend would never allow it  

Terragar

kseniya`

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm
My friend's getting two stars next to/under her right eye.
The reason behind it is about Peter Pan's Neverever Land.
She's obsessed with that movie. :]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm
You should think about it for 2 years and, if you still like it, THEN get it. 3nodding  

babies-in-a-cage

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:35 pm
Facial tattoos are a very VERY big step.
Personally I am all for them
I am getting facial tattoos someday.

My recomendation... get it in white ink, think about it very hard... for a very long time. Also get into a career that will accept it FIRST.
I get hell for haveing a sleeve tattoo at one of my jobs, and that is as a nail technician. I would have never thought it would be so hard to get a job in Esthetics with tattoos. But it is.
Any very visable tattoo should be left until you settle into a career that will embrace it. Or until your resume looks good enough that they wont care.
Just try getting a purple liquid eyeliner and draw it on everyday.

And with the white ink... I personally think its the best thing for facial tattoos. Its not too over powering as to make your face look different, and you can easly make it almost invisable with makeup if your job gets pissy about it.
This is my Friend(if she is familliar you probably saw her on suicide girls, she is Havok)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I really wish I had a better picture of it.. but she has a white ink facial tattoo (three dots near her eye). Or think Shannon the owner of BMEzine. White ink looks so lovely.
If you want your star... at least go with white ink,or a very very light purple so it could still be covered easly.
You are 18. You still have alot of decicions to be made. Get it light, or wait until you are well into your career.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:30 pm
I agree with Twitch, above. Go for something subtle. And REALLY think about it. A facial tattoo is a BIG decision and will create a lot of problems when trying to get a job. Give it a while and decide what you're doing with your life before you get it. That's what I'm doing with my neck tattoo. wink  

popcornsharingbox

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:04 pm
Yeah, I have nothing against facial tattoos. (BAD tattoos is another thing. lmao But also personal preference...)
Anyway, I also think it's a huge, huge undertaking that will affect many aspects of your life. Not something to take lightly.

I want to get forehead tattoos one day. Maybe after I tattoo the rest of my visible body (arms/hands/neck/legs). And after I get my nostrils punched. I think I'd be ready for it by then.  
Tattoos

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games