Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
New name for emo? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostmelody

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:01 am
I don't see why we should have to change the name confused Then the fad-folllowers would just pick up on the new name and keep it up. And if emo means 'emotive hardcore', what's wrong with a person being emotive hardcore? Punk is both a genre and a label...

Personally, I don't have a problem with labels (and I know I will be torn to shreds for saying so...) So somebody might call me a nerd or a dork. That's fine. They could call me a prep for all I care. But if they start to assume I would act a certain way because of their own assumption, or if they call me a poser because they don't like how I act, that's when I get pissy.

They can call me a friggin' goth if they want (and that's not a diss towards goths, got it? I'm just pretty much as far from goth as possible), but that shouldn't mean they expect me to worship Satan or eat human flesh (long story...)

I'm sorry, but I don't have a problem with emo. Before I got into middle school, I had no clue what I could be even remotely labeled as, and emo is my best comparison. That doesn't mean I am emo. It means that's the closest thing I've got.

And those SOB posers can f**k off and die. Anyone who thinks tight jeans and mascara makes them emo is the dumbest lump of s**t on the planet.

(and yes, I am fricking lame enough that I edit myself... is that a problem?)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:03 am
Nagaru Tensei
Rellik San
Labvelsand stereotypes,as much as you might not like them, are a useful social tool, they give you waring of how to approach a situation or group of people, what jokes to make, what remarks are over the line and what their interests are.

Without stereotypes, there would be chaos, I am one of thew few who hasd no official stereotype, as I am a goth/metaller/rocker/greaser/punk/geek and some even dare to call me emo, usually just before I visit pain upon them. (don't ask why I ended up here, its a long story).
Why did you end up here?

I signed up for a joke, got accepted and since then have been an active poser, on the grounds of I respect the musicians, but I want to kill the front men and I have nothing against the people I hate the fashion though.  

Rellik San
Captain

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:06 am
ghostmelody
I don't see why we should have to change the name confused Then the fad-folllowers would just pick up on the new name and keep it up. And if emo means 'emotive hardcore', what's wrong with a person being emotive hardcore? Punk is both a genre and a label...

Personally, I don't have a problem with labels (and I know I will be torn to shreds for saying so...) So somebody might call me a nerd or a dork. That's fine. They could call me a prep for all I care. But if they start to assume I would act a certain way because of their own assumption, or if they call me a poser because they don't like how I act, that's when I get pissy.

They can call me a friggin' goth if they want (and that's not a diss towards goths, got it? I'm just pretty much as far from goth as possible), but that shouldn't mean they expect me to worship Satan or eat human flesh (long story...)

I'm sorry, but I don't have a problem with emo. Before I got into middle school, I had no clue what I could be even remotely labeled as, and emo is my best comparison. That doesn't mean I am emo. It means that's the closest thing I've got.

And those SOB posers can f**k off and die. Anyone who thinks tight jeans and mascara makes them emo is the dumbest lump of s**t on the planet.

(and yes, I am fricking lame enough that I edit myself... is that a problem?)

HUZZAH!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:57 pm
i say we should be called "kool-aid conformists"

but thats just me..........  

Longcindia

Redacted Account

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:02 am
I'd rather be called emo...

But I don't know, if something better came along then I might use that...

I'm in England and most of the kids here don't even know what emo is. They say "So what are you? Skater, goth, punk, what?"
I say "I'm an emo I guess...."
They say "What the hell is an 'emo'?"

"*enters long explaination into what exactly an emo is*"

And then they're STILL like "So really it's a goth that cries a lot?"
And I have to explain the whole bloody thing all over again to get it through their thick skulls. rolleyes xp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:53 am
AJCoyne

I'm in England and most of the kids here don't even know what emo is. They say "So what are you? Skater, goth, punk, what?"

And I have to explain the whole bloody thing all over again to get it through their thick skulls. rolleyes xp

I live in england too, you must live in a different area though, in manchester, everyone knows what an emo is, they are actually quite hated, but thats mainly because they walk around as if they own the place and dictate to people that have been into the alternative musics longer then they have, about fashion and how those people are just poser wannabes. Of course, I just track down those that told it all to me and smack a McDonalds milkshake over their head, I've had to have friends stop me from swinging for a couple before now.

Of course, you could just say thats the minority giving the majority a bed reputation.  

Rellik San
Captain

Redacted Account

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:29 am
Rellik San
AJCoyne

I live in england too, you must live in a different area though, in manchester, everyone knows what an emo is, they are actually quite hated, but thats mainly because they walk around as if they own the place and dictate to people that have been into the alternative musics longer then they have, about fashion and how those people are just poser wannabes. Of course, I just track down those that told it all to me and smack a McDonalds milkshake over their head, I've had to have friends stop me from swinging for a couple before now.

Of course, you could just say thats the minority giving the majority a bed reputation.
yeah I live in Coventry and most people here are chavs gonk that pisses me off....I wish there were more people like me. xp You hardly see any goths/skaters/emo's theyre just all chavs.

;_;

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games