Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
My Parents, Friends, Random People &ME!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

help?
  no
  yep
View Results

1crip4lifehomie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:05 am
Ok here's the run down! My family all call me goth (i wouldn't mind if they didn't say it rudely, they call everyone goth who wears black!) and it makes me a little mad. My mom wouldn't let me wear my Linkin Park shirt to school last year because she thought the teacher would discriminise me. I told her that I am myself and don't care what they think and she blew me off.

MY FRIENDS: Some of them aren't as forgiving as others. Some (like alaina and shelbi) disapprove of my image and think I shouldn't be listening to my music because I am Christian and KoRn isn't. Should it really matter how I dress or what music i listen to as long as I worship the Lord???

EVERYONE ELSE: THey're always like "you shop at hot topic right?" YES I DO. They give me evil looks and I just smile at them.

How can I prevent this from happening at my new school? I don't care what people think, I just want people to realize we are all human beings.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:12 pm
be yourself, if your friends care more about how you look then your feelins, get new friends. try and talk to your mom, if she still doesnt listen, just be respectful to her opinion, she was raised differently, maybe tone down the black when your at home or around her, maybe after a while she will start to respect you.  

xXxPansyxXx

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:16 pm
iluvmcrandmybffkatie
Ok here's the run down! My family all call me goth (i wouldn't mind if they didn't say it rudely, they call everyone goth who wears black!) and it makes me a little mad. My mom wouldn't let me wear my Linkin Park shirt to school last year because she thought the teacher would discriminise me. I told her that I am myself and don't care what they think and she blew me off.

i have a linkin park shirt too and i wore it to school one day and the nurse made me change into this fugly chess shirt.i had my gym shirt with me and i asked her if i could wear that and she's like''you'll just wear my shirt'' she kept it then told me to get it afterschool and the b***h wasn't even there when i came.i had to find my shirt and change in the bathroom.what is wrong with linkin park?????

fore all the rest (sorry to bore you with my story)just be yourself is what i say.in the words of gerard way''don't take anyone's s**t''.if i were you i'd kick their asses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:55 pm
Everyone else: You can't aviod other people's opinions.
Too many people label at first site.
Since you dress like that, you should expect that kind of things happening.

Your family: They prolly wanted you to grow up all preppy or something and is mad that you aren't dressing the way they want you too. [linkin park shirt] And don't know anything about labels.

Your "friends": They aren't your friends. If they were they'd hang out with you no matter what your image is. Find better friends then those peoples

That's what i think.

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

bleeding unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:19 pm
totally agreeing with pansy & haunts the dead.& yes rikaLeshay gerards words are great words to live by....especially those ones ^_^  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games