Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
self-harming friend of mine...wont stop...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xrazrxkissesx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:05 am
ok ok...i know im probably not gonna get much help on this...but my friend of 7 years is a cutter...like me...and i think im influencing him. i cant stop...its really difficult to. i just dont want him to really hurt himself. hes a hardcore cutter too...he cuts his arms, wrists, ankles, stomach, you name it! its really upsetting me...and he also suffocates himself...i dont know what id do if i ever lost him and its scaring me how often he does this...so can someone help me?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:55 pm
Do you talk to him about stopping?  

Cobyjamesjones1

ur_code_name_is_milo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:08 am
wot ever you do, dont hae a big go at him over doing it. it'll just make him worse, 'cos then he'll think he's doing something wrong then he'll do it even more.
ry talking to him about it and being there for him, and also try talking him out of doing it  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:05 pm
ok, yeah, i try talking him out of it a lot...he just doesnt listen...i dont go all psycho on him about it either...i just found out that hes actually afraid of cutting cuz hes afraid of what people will say when he does...i have to admit...i feel the same way, but that doesnt stop me from doing it...i feel like a hypocrite for wanting him to stop hurting himself because i still do it and dont care about me...he said hell stop suffocating himself, but he wont stop cutting...which is the more dangerous of the two, i think.  

xrazrxkissesx

ur_code_name_is_milo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:51 pm
its alot harder to stop cutting because to some, cutting is like a drug.
its hard to kick the habit  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:43 pm
mmhmm...i know what you mean...  

xrazrxkissesx

Cobyjamesjones1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:31 pm
counseling perhaps?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:35 pm
i tried toget him to go to counceling before, he almost killed me (not literally speaking) for it.  

xrazrxkissesx

Cobyjamesjones1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:39 pm
Well what's his reason for doing it?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:38 pm
his father...just like me...only, his dad hits him with like...objects...like justtoday, he hit Aiden with a beer bottle and baseball bat which screwed up his arm. then, he trew him like picked him up and threw him across the roomand made hisback open up and bleed agan. his dad also said that if he tells ne one, hell kill him.  

xrazrxkissesx

Hugsei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:43 am
xrazrxkissesx
his father...just like me...only, his dad hits him with like...objects...like justtoday, he hit Aiden with a beer bottle and baseball bat which screwed up his arm. then, he trew him like picked him up and threw him across the roomand made hisback open up and bleed agan. his dad also said that if he tells ne one, hell kill him.
That actually made my stomach lurch reading that, well, i had a friend with the same problem and him and I spent like the summer together and everytime he went for a pair of scissors or a knife to cut himself I'd grab on of his fingers and slowly bend it against one of the joints, he eventually stopped, I think it still gave him pan but it also made him relinquesh the knife or scissors, I know it isn't the nicest way of doing it but it onl took a summer vacation to make him stop.  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games