Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Need help. Writing.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zee.yello.emo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:25 pm
Alright so I'm an exceptional writer, but I'm rather talentless when it comes to writing songs. My end-product usually ends up running in circles, and an account of things that displease my standards, so I'd like to know if anyone has any tips on writing, or anything to say about song structure, et cetera, because I really need the help... any help! crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:11 pm
Yeah I write stories A LOT...but I can't write songs for the life of me...I suggest just letting them come to you, like listen to a few songs or do something that might get some inspiration flowing. That might help!  

Love.From.Hate

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:21 pm
i write stories a lot but most of the time their in my head.
i'm not the best song writer...i did write this song about my family(how i hate them and i'm not coming back once i get out) that i'm proud of but i have to go back and re-write some songs or poems  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:16 pm
I hardly write any good songs.
When i do get the inspiration.
It's pretty good.
I can show you some if you want me to.  

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:03 pm
welll, you could try to write a song and then go through and look at things that need to change and just try to fix it up, maybe it would help...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:02 pm
well poetry for one.most poetry can become a song & poetry/songs are based on real life(usually).its your life so just write it out.me.....i do poetry.not songs but poetry.heartbreak,deception,death(of a friends cat),etc. those all happened to me.its easier when its your life.just think of anything in your life.rhyming helps(if you have the rhyme style poem/songs) good luck! ^_^  

bleeding unicorn

rin08

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:54 am
a song is like writing a poem for the heart to sing out/scream out to the world
well,that's how i see it and get all into the songs i write.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:46 am
just because you're good at one form of writing doesnt mean you're always all around a good writer.

i can write stories mad good but i could never manage poetry. be content with what you can do.  

ycorpse

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:48 am
I'm a comic artist so couldn't tell you much to be honest, but I will say this, though they are poems in here they tend to be expressions of problems, if you want tips I'm moving this to the main forum. Though I can see how the mistake was made.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:56 am
Eh?
But...I've realized from all my friends who want to be "just like me", who ask me s**t about writing, -apparently i'm a terrificlly tastefull writer.-
I've realizd, your really can't help someone write.
When your really want to write.
You'll write something good.
But, if your writing s**t just to pleasure others -yes, I said "pleasure others"-
Then obviously you're not going to have a decent song.

CHOKETRENDKILL

o s t a r s t r u c k o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:33 pm
i'm not the best song writer either. poetry is more of what i write, but they're pretty close.

life will be your inspiration. whether it comes from your life or another's doesn't matter. when it comes to structure, look and listen to other songs to get an idea for that. rhyming some may also make the lyrics better (my friend suggested that one time, it helped her).

i'd like to see some of your lyrics when you're done with a few of them you like. if you don't mind. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:10 pm
[night mare]
Eh?
But...I've realized from all my friends who want to be "just like me", who ask me s**t about writing, -apparently i'm a terrificlly tastefull writer.-
But, if your writing s**t just to pleasure others -yes, I said "pleasure others"-

O.......MG.......  

[.Emo Ink-Pen.]

CHOKETRENDKILL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:57 pm
[.Emo Ink-Pen.]
[night mare]
Eh?

O.......MG.......
[glompage]  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games