Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
The Movie!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The movie!!!!
Good
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Great
50%
 50%  [ 15 ]
Mock up!!! :gonk: T_T
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

OliverWoodsGal

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:05 pm
Well, I didn't like the way there was a "Chicken Little" ad right before the movie, and we got all excited cause they used the Don't Panic...then showed what the ad was for and we all said "BBBOOOO".

I really like the whole turning to yarn thing! And when he threw up yarn. It was hilarious!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:46 pm
OliverWoodsGal
Well, I didn't like the way there was a "Chicken Little" ad right before the movie, and we got all excited cause they used the Don't Panic...then showed what the ad was for and we all said "BBBOOOO".

I really like the whole turning to yarn thing! And when he threw up yarn. It was hilarious!!

Hell, I thought the Chicken Little thing was funny! But I did think the movie had started xd .

You can buy the Heart of Gold-ers as yarn form, you know that, right?  

dudebro711

ECUnlimited

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:54 pm
OliverWoodsGal

Yeah, that was annoying. When that happened this guy just yelled out "YOU SUCK DISNEY". It was funny XDD

And teah, that part was hilarious xd (the yarn part)  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:28 pm
The parts that pissed me off were that they failed to provide the argument that disproves God's existance, they left out the whole "resistance is useless" speech, the arrival on the Heart of Gold omitted the part about the monkeys and their script of Hamlet and Ford becoming a penguin, they left out arthur's "beware of the leopard" bit, they cut out the reference to Jesus in the beginning... etc. Some of Douglas's best jokes were omitted. It was a great movie, by movie standards, but by the standards of the books, it needs a lot of work.  

Kado Celeritus

badgerdog

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:33 pm
I agree with something my dad told me, he says that the way they ended it was perfect for creating sequels. I hope they do, they really need to add in some things that they left open, like Zaphod's second head and Milliways and Disaster Area...  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:35 pm
I didn't know that they have them for sale!! That's awesome!!! Stupid disney...lol.  

OliverWoodsGal

dudebro711

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:19 pm
OliverWoodsGal
I didn't know that they have them for sale!! That's awesome!!! Stupid disney...lol.

Yes, blame disney for everything in the world. Excluding good things. Excluding of those good things Kingdom Hearts (I loved that game...they had Jack Skellington!)  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:14 am
Well, besides everything that's already been said about omissions, they should've included the Guide's entry on towels...  

Clockwork Sun

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:08 pm
SunGazing
Well, besides everything that's already been said about omissions, they should've included the Guide's entry on towels...

I absolutly agree. That's one of my biggest beefs with the movie. They didn't go into enough (or any, for that matter) detail on the importance of towels. Everyone probably just thinks Ford's just obsessed with towels. Grrr  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 pm
Well they sort of showed how important is was, but an explaination would have been nice!  

OliverWoodsGal

Ollaolas

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:44 pm
Well, I'm back after a month or so of playing WoW, and the movie is out.

Wait, Zaphod gets a head cut off? What the ********? Where was that in the book or radio series?  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:34 am
Ollaolas
Well, I'm back after a month or so of playing WoW, and the movie is out.

Wait, Zaphod gets a head cut off? What the ********? Where was that in the book or radio series?

It wasn't. In the book he originally had the second head; he didn't just get it as a requirement for being president.  

Tinnumir

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:14 pm
Well... it was good. Mostly. But Zaphod bugged me. He was far too stupid! Poor Ford basically had to herd him around the Galaxy. And goddammit, his freaking whole species is supposed to have two heads. sweatdrop It was amusing seeing him charging around that Arkleseizure planet with his torch, yelling, "Humma Kavula!" My sister thought he was just swearing for a while... But the other head scared me. It was scary looking, and generally seemed weird... I'm not going to comment on that scene at the beginning where Zaphod's heads were basically fighting each other, that's an entirely different dimension of strange. But the puking-up-yarn was funny, all the more so because it completely disgusted my sister. "If his puke's that colour, what's he been eating?" The PoV gun was funny. Those poor, innocent Vogons... crying Heh heh. And- going so out of order here- Ford with that shopping cart full of beer was strangely amusing. Just the way he was running cheefrully along, gliding on his shopping cart, like it's just a normal old day in jolly old England.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:31 pm
What a depressingly good movie. sad  

Paquito Diaz

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games