Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
-School crap- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:07 pm
Killian Darkwater
Dathu
Killian Darkwater
I'm finding that almost everyone got a snow day on Wensday/Tuesday.

Does everyone live in the Chicago land area, or was the storm really that big? O_o;

Chi-town represent! Go Bears!

But--but.. they lost. crying

Shhhhh. We must never speak of that again. There is always next season, and next season we're gonna win. Go Bears!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:17 pm
Anyone else have to wear ID tags? You'd think the teachers would be bright enough to recognize some drug dealer from Calgary rolleyes or some other "outsider". We're a very cliquey school (don't think that's a word, but whatever) appearantly.

But what I love is that we have this "above the waist" rule and ONE count em one, teacher cares. I have had teachers walk up to me and ask for my ID card, and it was on a lanyard, hanging off my belt loop; he saw this and didn't care (which I find funny considering his good friend is the teacher who cares about ID cards XD).

eek bomb threats? raping? expulsions? I got to high school and was actually suprised at the lack of stereotypes that were true. I think a few people have been expelled, but that's about it.... then again I'm not part of that sort of loop, seeing as I spend my time talking about anime... or posting like I am now on Gaia wink .  

Ruminating Skeptic

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:40 pm
Wowww.. School.
Well, we just built a fieldhouse, a new library, new classrooms, and a new music wing to our school. We had two buildings, and the length between them was about as long as one and a half football fields.. maybe a little less. We connected those, and then added onto one of the buildings on the opposite side. We had a bomb in our school not too long ago, found in the boys bathroom. We have girls giving head between vending machines and some sneak into the boys bathroom. We have the highest drug use in the state. Juvie is near full. 3/4 the kids being from my school. Soon we're going to have to wear ID cards, and they are going to put metal detectors and card readers by the doors so no one can get in. They just installed a whole bunch of cameras through the school..
xD
I love my school.
Always something new to amuse me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:49 am
I only have one week left of school until Spring Break. I am completely on the edge of insanity. This semester is literally taking years off my life. I am cracking.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:03 am
So I cracked, and flipped out on some people, but no real damage. It is now SPRING BREAK!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 am
Lets see I went to Salem High School Famous for philipino gangs, Kempsvill had roaches, Tallwood had rats, Gangrun *cough* Greenrun explains it all.

We had mice. Cute little dease ridden furballs.

I was taking my history S.O.L and had been the first to finish. So I was reading a manga for the 4th time when I heard screaming in the class room. I looked up to see a football player standing on his desk and shreaking like a banchy. He Saw A Mouse. I repeat HE saw a MOUSE. Big football dude, little furball. Then the cheerleaders started screeming. I guess the cheerleaders scared the poor thing so It went into the guys backpack. He grew some balls and zipped the pocket with the mouse shut and started banging in on the ground over and over till the poor thing died.

Then HE unzipped the pocket and started shaking it over the trash can. The mouse's leg was caught so it wouldn't come out. The cheerleaders were still going so I pushed the dude out of the way took the bag and scooped the mouse out with my bare hand. I turned to the teacher told him I was going outside then to the bathroom.
Boy if you could see the faces of those preps. Like I grew another head. I couldn't have been more of a freak to then since the time the teacher had me read my desriptive and gore filled story about midievil war.
*Shrug*  

banryuu

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:58 am
I'm spring break, but I need to be studying. I did some on like two days ago, but I need to do more. I need to study at least two chapters before we go back on monday and I'd like to get ahead into the new stuff so I can be better prepared for class. College is hard!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:39 pm
...finals.......oh science.......science help me.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

banryuu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:17 am
The only final I'm worried about is Math. Icouldn't payattention to the teacher droning on at the black board.
I have 3 exams on wed. Eng, Math, and History. History is gonna be wicked easy I've got a 102 over all grade.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:01 pm
c a u s t i c
The drama situations don't go away in high school. They just get more...'serious' usually. It's a difference in content.
But then again, I heard about several student pregnancies at the middle school next to my highschool...so who knows.

I somewhat disagree. See in middle school everyone is just such a douchebag that you can't turn anywhere without being in the drama.

In high school there are more people. Now you don't have to be part of the drama anymore. You can be in your own group of friends who like to hang out on the weekends and such. Now if drama starts with that group of friends... then good luck.

In college there may be drama, but keep in mind the people who are "stars" in high school are rarely stars in college because they aren't up to the extra responsibility of college. More people have pulled their heads out of their asses because they can't afford to be douchebags and make the right grades at the same time.

It just depends on how you deal with it.  

cabbage3

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle: Mage 100

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:43 pm
STANDERDIZED TESTS. >.> MAP tests.... They cut into language arts at least but I still have to finish this pain in the a** project. >.> Eighth grade sucks sacks.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:39 pm
our school is the nerdiest school EVER. the only real drama we had was kids getting alcohol from 7-11..... and this one kid with a bad drug addiction, and a math teacher who got suspended (yes, a math TEACHER, suspended) because of sexual harrassment  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

Death God Hitsugaya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:00 pm
My teacher is a complete idiot!
I'm sorry, but its true. I'm a french immersion student, and my teacher (herby to be referred to as The Gnoll), is a scatterbrain. She has the history of giving people's test marks to others and, when it was corrested, not taking it off of the other student's marks who didn't take the test. The Gnoll has also forgotten to add tons of assignments to everyone's marks in the class, messing up on the report cards.

Plus, I'm sure she's biased against me because I'm quitting french immersion after this year because it won't help me in the future, and it is just lowering my grades a bit.
- Why I think she is biased
1) She gave me 72%, when a friend of mine who only did half the work, almost always with lower marks, got 76%
2) 72% is a C+. 76% is a B. All my assignments I remember have been of a B caliber, and a higher B at that.
3) Everyone else in my class (the 5 others) Think she is biased against me, and that she is an idiot.

This isn't athesist-related, but I needed to rant. I tried not to swear. (The Gnoll is a nickname which is just a slightly modified version of her real last name.)  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:25 pm
Hmmm, I've actually been having a great year. 3nodding

Though, it's also one of the reasons why you rarely see me around here anymore. sweatdrop

I've been recieving grades better than grades I've earned any other year.

Orson Welles

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm
I'm working on a big end of the year project. Almost done too, just gotta finish some more writing.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff