Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
graphic tablet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sweetdevil1411

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:19 pm
I assume it's how you call it in english... anyway, I have a question. Which graphic tablet is the best? I am currently searching for one to buy and I have no idea what to buy. So if you have suggestion about the brand, the size or anything helpful, even links to website where I can buy one, it will be great.

I'm not looking for anything professional, since it's only for pleasure that I want one. Oh and I don't want something really expensive...

Can someone help me with this? Thanks!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:55 pm
As far as i know ... WaCom tablets are the way to go...
if your just looking for a not so expensive one ... the graphire would do the job .. its quite a nice one for the price ...

im not sure what size youd be wanting .. but you can look at it more here ..

http://www.wacom.com/graphire/index.cfm  

GhoSt-X

sweetdevil1411

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:55 am
Thanks! And about the size, It's like 100$ more for a 6x8 one. Does it make a big difference if you only have a 4x5 one? It's cheaper, but is it good too?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:40 pm
id say in terms of functiality they are the same ... of course having a larger tablet would increase the degree of control you have since the tablet is relative to your screen .. its up to you whether you think the extra size is worth the extra money though ..  

GhoSt-X

sweetdevil1411

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Thank you for your help!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:22 pm
I have a 4x5 Wacom graphire, and though I'd rather have in Intous(sp?) II (cause I draw mostly) it's still great. Especially for $80.  

soupey

Digipyro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:46 am
i recently bought a wacom graphire 4 xl studio biggrin ... i love it, it's not too small not too big. has much dpi and works fine. smile ..  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games