Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LilBitNekoKiwi

Party Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:12 am
K-ne
AntoniaMerEnfant
All things considered I'm not too bothered when a pixelated staff goes up in price, as long as milk and bread stay the same irl.

For me, seeing something like a pixelated staff (or whatever item I might want at the time) go up in price is not a terrible thing in itself, but coming from the real world with its multitude of financial problems, Gaia inflation can just be depressing. wink Like "aw, man, not here too!"

Of course, it's a whole lot easier to make money in Gaia than it is in real life, so you'll rarely hear me bitching about it unless I've had a terrible day or something.

Likewise, I only complain about gaia if I'm grumpy. It's a game, so I'll play by whatever rules there are. And it's kinda neat when something is inflating. It remeinds me that my parents house is going up in value too. If you ever need money, there's always money in property. And a really expensive item, to me, is like a good piece of property *nods*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:17 am
It is just a WEBSITE. Let's not get over worked here. wink

Things that matter to me are $3 gas, making the bank balance stay in the black and meeting my needs, in general. If I find stuff for my avatar, I buy it. But, I am not here all the time like some people. 2 or 3 hours a day is what I usually spend online and that includes my other stuff like email, etc.

I think good spelling and grammar should be encouraged here. It does not help one's writing skills to use encrypted chat codes that most of us older people can't comprehend. That's just a little thing I have. I also highly dislike the profanity. I avoid areas with those types of threads. I don't need to see it on here. I get enough of that out here. I'm sure ya'll know what I mean.

I apologize if I went too far off on a tangent, and hope I didn't offend anyone.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:51 pm
Nah it's not offensive, it's true. Sides, Gaia's TOS clearly states that profanity isn't allowed-- yet you see so people use it regularly. Reminds me of sophomore year of college when I had an RA I didn't like who kept cussing at me-- and got away with it!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:18 am
AntoniaMerEnfant
Nah it's not offensive, it's true. Sides, Gaia's TOS clearly states that profanity isn't allowed-- yet you see so people use it regularly. Reminds me of sophomore year of college when I had an RA I didn't like who kept cussing at me-- and got away with it!

That's true. Since no one seems to enforce the language rule here, yet the rating is supposed to be PG-13. I find that part contradictory. That's really the only reason I brought that part up. The solution is the filter I have active. It seems to have fixed the problem for me. I may be quiet natured, but I will speak my mind when I feel the need. That's what forums are for, though. Expression of ideas and debate. It sure makes it more interesting. Hope you have a good weekend.  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:34 pm
AntoniaMerEnfant

neutral Nooo....profanity is allowed as long as not directed at others. It always has been. So if someone is cussing you out and calling you names, by all means, report it.

Rules and Guidelines

4.No overly abusive language. We have a very liberal policy regarding language, but please try to be civil and courteous towards your fellow Gaians. If your post is excessively vulgar, insulting, explicit, self-deprecating or racial without any justification, we will promptly delete it.

[I added the bold.]

PG-13 movies have profanity in them as well, just smaller quantities then R rated ones. razz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:02 pm
That makes sense. Flaming is against the rules, but making a general statement is not. The optional filter is helpful for me and I won't bring it up unless it's needed. Then, this is an open forum and we all have different viewpoints. Keeps it more interesting. smile  

Tillisnut

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:01 am
I could have sworn all profane language was off limits in Gaia. -Rubs head- Maybe I'm thinking of the no cyber rule that they made abundantly clear. Yet one glance around chatterbox and you know that one is disregarded-- and how. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:03 am
3nodding That one is very clear.

All you can really do is report them and hope the CB mods can keep up. Sadly, a lot of people disregard rules, even on a smaller basis like guilds. I'm a mod for one of mine and you'd be surprised how many people--especially adults--feel like they shouldn't have to.

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

araturien

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:43 pm
I can COMPLETELY understand your feelings. I'm in college myself and it is so difficult to take 17 credit hours so I can finish my degree, then work 30 hours a week at 7 dollars an hour and still have to have my mom and dad put money in my account just so I can pay rent and buy groceries. I'm really trying to make it on my own with progressively less money from the 'rents but its really hard to do.

The Gaia obsessees on here are silly but at least they are learning some sort of monetary value of things. Sure things are priced outrageously. I mean, how many thousand "dollars" for a dress?!

I understand the multiple sides of this arguement but I think it's kind of discouraging when people cna't understand how this applies to real life. It's fun, it's mindless, but it still needs to have some kind of substance to make it worthwhile.

That's just me though...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:54 pm
Pirate Dirge
3nodding That one is very clear.

All you can really do is report them and hope the CB mods can keep up. Sadly, a lot of people disregard rules, even on a smaller basis like guilds. I'm a mod for one of mine and you'd be surprised how many people--especially adults--feel like they shouldn't have to.

Oh no I wouldn't. I own a guild myself.

There's a fine line between adult role play and cybersex. Most people seem to either not understand it or do and disregard it.  

lightsenshi

AnarKya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:48 am
I used to take ingame items and money too seriously..
I was playing that game called Star Wars Galaxies. It's a MMORPG. And I worked really hard for some item only to decorate my house there.. or to collect some weapon.
And I worked 20h daily of non stop game to get the highest rank in this game (Jedi)
When the game changed recently, me and my friends left it. It was hard to because I was leaving all these things.

But i realised that it was all pixel..
thats why i take all games I play now (like this one) not as seriously as I was before..

It's pixel, so what if it takes me time to get an item or i dont get it at all.. theres more important things to do in life then get a skirt for an avatar..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:38 pm
i haven't read everyone else's posts on this thread, so maybe i'm completely alone on this one, but i think that gaia gold is the only thing any of these kids should have to worry about. we miss those carefree days because they were so great -- now we have to worry about all these responsibilities, but that doesn't mean we should begrudge those kids their own carefree years. there are definitely exceptions to this, like when they take it way too seriously or they're totally bratty and demanding, etc... but, like i said, they shouldn't have to worry about real-life problems yet. they're just kids.  

willow-chan

AQuAxXxScORP_62704

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:40 am
Juggalo1213
thats why they need us old folks around. to put things into perspective for them.besides, they still live at home and are probably insulated against all those worries. Gaian gold might be the biggest problem they have to worry about. I miss those days crying

Yes. so true.... stressed domokun xp xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:27 am
willow-chan
i haven't read everyone else's posts on this thread, so maybe i'm completely alone on this one, but i think that gaia gold is the only thing any of these kids should have to worry about. we miss those carefree days because they were so great -- now we have to worry about all these responsibilities, but that doesn't mean we should begrudge those kids their own carefree years. there are definitely exceptions to this, like when they take it way too seriously or they're totally bratty and demanding, etc... but, like i said, they shouldn't have to worry about real-life problems yet. they're just kids.

They won't learn responsiblity if they aren't given any, you know.  

lightsenshi

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:48 pm
On one hand I agree that kids shouldn't have a lot to worry about. However I think reality in small doses is a neccessity. You cannot shelter a child forever, and the shock of adulthood will be much, much worse if you haven't had a small taste of the realities of the world. Better to get vaccinated than to get hit head on when that bubble bursts.  
21+

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff