Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Now you do what they told ya!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:18 am
Everyone, look at your pictrures, look at everyone elses pictures, look at your favourite bands list and compare to everyone elses, hell even look at your likes and dislikes.

Now look at yourselves in the mirror again, and ask yourself, 'Am I genuinely unique?'.

The sad answer for alot of you, is going to be 'no', you all hate the stereotype of emo or scene, yet do nothing to break the mould, you all stand around in the same clothes, because they represent how you feel, you then write things about how no one gets you without opening your eyesd and realiing, your the same as everyone else.

You dress, how the magazines and bands and record labels tell you too, you listen to what your told to listen too, uncovering the occasional band yourself then declaring everyone who got into them when they make it big, 'posers' in an effort to make yourself superior and different from them. Though you lall might not see it, or even be aware of it, you do it.

Very few people in this forum are individual, and I'm not saying I'm one of those. But I want to try and break this cookie cutter alternative nature of alot fo the forum goers, take a look at what your parents buy you clothes wise, you don't wear them or throw them out because they are unfashionable or don't suit the style you like, but how many of you have tried intergrating them, and wearing them with your normal clothes, just doing something like that, will already alleviate you from the status of a clone.

Think afor yourselve, dress yourselves and be yourselves, don't be 'random' or try to be 'wierd', try being normal, well what normal is for you. Be different, don't be afraid to step a toe into the pools of other fashions or music, if your friends abandon you for it, they weren't your friends to begin with.

If you want to break out of the stereotypes, then start here, follow my advice, and don't care about what others think.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:35 am
i want to say yes, but im not sure who would agree

i dont dress what people would call emo, i dress in whatever i think is comfortable, i wear pj's all the time, mostly plaid pj's becuasee that's what my moom buys me, the only time i dont wear what my mom buys me is when its small girly shirts, she buys them hoping i will wear them becuause of what they say, things like 'i like what i like' or other things that say something like im unquie, but i dont care what they say, i dont wear shirts where if all you do is raise your hand and your stomache is showing, no one wants to see if even if you have a good body. i wear long shirts, but i dont like to wide becuase then ou are just drowning in them... but i do like band shirts, not for other people to see what bands i like, but just for me to have, i like them. i dont just listen to the music people tell me they like or is cool, i listen to all music excepct for rap and some country, ill listen to polka and i love oldies, give me a cd i will learn the songs and love them. i dont listen to those stupid stereotypes, im not depressed, im not a cutter, i wont dye my hair black, or any of that bullshit.

so..... i wanna say im unique but im still not sure if anyone will agree.....  

xXxPansyxXx

m a c a b r e X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:06 pm
im like you i wear whats comfortable to me i love long shirts but not wide slim long shirts with stripes and polka-dots b/c there rad 3nodding not b/c other ppl like them b/c i like them, and i like the shoes i wear b/c there comfortable i let my friend borrow a pair of my vans and she came back and said they were the most comfortable shoes she had ever worn, i wear layers b/c i get cold easily, and i just ware jeans...b/c i guess i dont like any other pants if i could i would live in my pjs but my parents bug me and tell me to change my clothes, i like the music i like b/c it appeals to me, i can relate to it, and it makes my heart sings, not trying to be clishe or sound like fall out boy, but ashamed of the way the songs and the words own the beating of our hearts, but im not ashamed i embrace it, its beautiful to me why not tret it that way, its all ive got, and i dont cut, but i have reasons tyo be depressed that i dont ever tell anyone b/c im afraid of what they will think, i cry when i see the scars on my friends arms, 1 of my friends has everything in life shes ever needed and she still does some times i think she just does it b/c she think its "cool" and its not, ive been in a horriable fight with my other friend about it i cryed for hours and asked her why, i cant leave her alone anymore b/c of how many times she has tryed to kill herself and no shes not emo, i love her so much, it hurts me more to see them do it, than it owuld if i were to do it myself, she has acually tryed to cut the vein out of her wrist with scissores, shes been in motalble hospitals and asylums b/c of this so many ppl that shes close to have commited suicide and shes even watched some of them do it and she couldent stop them b/c they locked her inside and hung themselves in front of her....so am i part of the scene you ask? maybe i am maybe im not i frankly dont give a s**t its my life and ill live it the way i want to and no fashion mag is gonna tell me otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:39 pm
I dress similar to my avatar, tightish, grungy jeans, studded belt, tight t-shirts, skate shoes. I have medium-long hair, which I style in an emo-ish fashion. Call me trendy, but I like how it looks, and this is all that matters to me.  

FROSTEH`

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:38 pm
i have this one pair of jeans i used to wear because they were the most comfortable things ever, but they started to tear way too much so i need to sew them up before i can wear them again, i just found them a while ago after i lost them somehow...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:01 pm
when i go shopping, i look at something and say to myself "if i found this at a thrift store and not at the mall, would i still wear it?" That's my own way of testing myself, seeing whether or not i really do like something... and my own little way of avoiding something because its stylish. And of course, i like home-ade/personalized clothing the best.... so as far as style goes i think I'm okay.

and as far as being "random" or "weird", well, we all saw what happened once the llama song got popular. TRULY random people do not go around shouting "LLAMA" every few mintues and then laugh at themselves because they are oh so funny.
okay, that was completely unrelated, but that's what it reminded me of...  

[[blunt.object]]

xRAWK!OWTx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:09 am
TBH you talk tooo much dude.. you think to much...just chill out &enjoy life no need to blabber on about this that & the other, its unecessary =]]
x heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:13 am
xRAWK!OWTx
TBH you talk tooo much dude.. you think to much...just chill out &enjoy life no need to blabber on about this that & the other, its unecessary =]]
x heart

My friend, this is my chilled out rantings, I just don't like shutting my mind down.  

Rellik San
Captain

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:40 pm
xRAWK!OWTx
x heart

but remember its good to think about things, to think things over.. in the end its just good to think, if you dont use your brain you become dumber and dumber as time goes on...

there is no such thing as thinking too much, but there is such a thing as over thinking things, dont get those confused.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:14 pm
No one is really individual these days.  

Gambino Statue

its_gud_2_b_a_tomboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:28 am
I like to think I'm individual, I wear what I find comfy, not what everyone thinks is cool. I wear a lot of black, but only because I love the colour. I wear loads of hats and the only reason my hair does the whole flop thing is because it's stupid and falls out of whatever I do with it. I don't just listen to emo music, I have a really weird taste in music apparently, you know, with the whole emo-death metal-rock-indie music combination. I don't just hang out with depressed people, in fact most of my friends spend most of their time being hyper, which, on reflection is probably why people call me emo so much... anyways, I like to think I'm individual, but I could be wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:31 am
My musical range is very diverse. I listen to pretty much anything. Except country, I still don't get that stuff. I wear what I wear, wether I, my mom, my dad, or my sister bought it/picked it out. I wear what I like. Which is a t-shirt, and the occasional polo shirt, long sleeve sometimes and hoodie when it's cold. I wear jeans made for my sex, meaning I wear man pants. I prefer regualr jeans, and I think holes are icky. I don't really like tight pants, shirts are ok, but only if I have an undershirt to tuck in so my belly doesn't show. I wear shoes depending on the wether. If it is wet, I'll wear my skate shoes, if it isn't, I'll wear my converse. I don't really look at other people for fashion or music tastes, and my friends are pretty much the same way. Individual or not, I don't give a s**t. I'm me, and that's that. Like it or not.  

[ Assassin Ressurected ]

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games