Snails... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SquishyAngeh
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:23 pm
yeah, I have a problem with snails in my 15 gallon......but I am taking that one appart.....so it wont matter anyway......I have no snails in my 55 gallon  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:39 pm
I now too am infested with snales. They hitched a ride with some live plants I bought. Thankfully they are only in my 10g med tank that isn't occupied right now. After a recent med-tank visit from one of my big goldies the tank did get rather messy. I was intending on cleaning the tank once I came back from my weekend but they sucked the glass sparkeling clean so I'm rather on the fence about what to do with them.
I'm quite sure that if I don't make up my mind soon they'll only get worse and worse...  

_ShiroTsuru_

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:10 pm
_ShiroTsuru_
I now too am infested with snales. They hitched a ride with some live plants I bought. Thankfully they are only in my 10g med tank that isn't occupied right now. After a recent med-tank visit from one of my big goldies the tank did get rather messy. I was intending on cleaning the tank once I came back from my weekend but they sucked the glass sparkeling clean so I'm rather on the fence about what to do with them.
I'm quite sure that if I don't make up my mind soon they'll only get worse and worse...
Snails are fine to keep. They are just a pain if you intend to keep live plants. Also, if they over populate your tank, there might be some problems with ammonia levels. If you want to keep them in check, just buy one or two loaches. The loaches will eat the snails, but if there are only one or 2, they won't totally eradicate the snails.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:52 am
Chemicat
We've got a ton of snails too. It started out as like... two... and now there's probably over a hundred in our tanks. Thing is... I can't bring myself to kill them, and neither can my sister.

Is having a lot of snails a bad thing? Forgive me, I'm not a snail-knowledge person. xp

You sound like me. You can't kill the snails ether! My dad was always saying to kill them, while I would be picking them out and putting them into a jar and trying to save them before he killed thme. XD There so cute! I thought it was just me that couldn't bare killing them. Though, now, I don't have any. Nor to I have anymore fishies. I had to get rid of them all. x.x Planning on moving, can't take fishies for a 4 day drive from Arizona to Delaware. Haha. Oh well, I guess once I get back there I can buy some pretty fish.

Annnd......It's been a looong time since I've posted here! So, Hello everyone I haven't seen in forever.
sweatdrop  

Aerith Gast Gainsborough

Blessed Guildswoman

8,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash