Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Could You Live With a Religious Family for 30 Days? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could you do it?
  Yeah
  No!
  I am already there...
View Results

Ruminating Skeptic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:49 pm
I've lived my whole life in a religious household; i just recently told them I was an atheist; it didn't go down so well. Appearantly, not wanting to participate in a religious ceremony that goes so against what you believe in it makes your skin crawl makes you intolerant. rolleyes It was advent by the way.

So if I had to, I would first and foremost make it perfectly clear that I would not participate in any religious ceremonies. You wanna say grace? Go ahead; I'll wait til you are done before I start eating, but don't expect me to join in. Wanna pray? Go ahead, just don't expect me too. Wanna go to church? Go ahead, just don't expect me to come with; unless you really want me to be laughing my a** off.

I suppose in a way I am intolerant, but I wear my heart on my sleeve; not only am I now ashamed to admit that, I'm proud of it. So I probably wouldn't last unless they were really accepting of other people's beliefs and were willing to hold intelligent debates. If they were pious, converting machines I would simply hold my ground til it was time to leave; doubtful I would win, but no way I would ever back down to people like that.

Jya ne,
Furiidamu.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 pm
I've attened every type of church from baptist to orthdox from methodus to chatholic. I may not care for most of the people or even their religious intolerence but I've lived through it. The bright side is no one has found the bodies yet either. Joking... or am I? Right now I live with my grandmother who happens to be an extremly strong christan. When she starts in on the grace of the wounderful lord I don't gag (out loud). See I'm a good girl. twisted  

banryuu

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:06 am
I saw that episode. I don't think I could do it. Those x-tians were JERKS. Remember that part where they said GTFO OUR X-TIAN COUNTRY?  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff