Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Whos your favorite rendition from the movie?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i n c u b u s

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:52 am
The movie had an awsome cast whihc played the roles of DNA's classic series. I have to say that Marvin(played by Snape from Harry Potter) was particularly played well and made even better than he is in the book. Zaphod comes in a close second cuz hes just cool like that(being the president of the galaxy and has no clue what to do). Whos ur favorite?  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:58 am
bump  

i n c u b u s

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:27 am
There's a stickey for you to talk about your favorite charactors. And you don't need to bump here. It's pretty slow-moving.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:33 pm
Jeez, I don't even know where to start on this. I'll try my best though. Firstly, I'll point out (just to avoid confusion) that Alan Rickman only played the voice of Marvin, Warwick Davis (yeah, the guy from Willow) was the one you saw on screen. Yes, body language, even from a robot, is important.

Anyway, though there's a favourite character thread, I suppose this is different enough, since it's movie specific? And I'll read the question instead of "who's your favourite?" as "who do you think best captures the original spirit of the character?" and for that, I'll have to go with Martin Freeman (Arthur) or I suppose any of the various Vogons.

Zaphod then, being written almost completely different from any of his prior incarnations, is right out for me.  

DemoniclyAttained

Echidnite

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:34 pm
Zaphod acted a bit to insane for me to be my favourite movie transition, but I did really like what he looked like. If they had done his heads side-to-side he would have been visiually perfect. Love for whoever designed his outfits. Ford failed to do really do anything interesting in the movie, so not him. Trillian and Arthur were pretty good. There really isn't much variation that can happen with Arthur. But I think my fav was Slartibartfast. The whole 'Late, as in the late Dentarthurdent' part was perfect. And Marvin, despite looking completely ridiculous, managed to be absolutely great.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:06 pm
Marvin for sure. His voice was perfectly depressing and fit Marvin perfectly.

Zaphod was also awesome.  

ECUnlimited

mcm

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:26 pm
I don't think any of the characters actually fit my mental images that I got while reading the book, so... but yeah, I'd agree, I'd rather have seen zaphod with his heads side-by-side. but I loved him, he was just so ditzy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:21 am
Arthur. Arthur and Marvin, definitely. (Though must say, his crush on Trillian got annoying, and messed up his character a bit, in my opinion.) Slartibartfast, too, and anyone, EVERYONE, was better than Zaphod. The head-on-neck thing was ridiculously stupid. Couldn't they have been just side-by-side, like they're supposed to? gonk  

Some Kind of Classic

Milleia

Enduring Evader

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:13 am
Yes, Arthur was like spot on. Save for the ArthurxTrillian romance, that is. Arthur and Fenchurch all the way! >=0 Ahem, anyway, then Zaphod. I didn't think he seemed that stupid, ditzy yes but stupid....not so much. But he was cool, and a mucho definitely snazzy dresser. O.o And of course, Marvin. He's a no-brainer.

Then...I expected Slartibartfast to look older...but it's still all good...or...something.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:51 pm
I honestly can say that I didn't have any complaints with any of the portrayals in the movie.

..but Zaphod had me pointing at the screen like a fangirl. xd  

circuit sparks

Paquito Diaz

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:45 pm
They did them all depressingly well. gonk  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games