Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Watch subbed or dubbed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Usagi Shojo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:51 pm
Subbed definatly. I know some people don't see a diffenence but the subbed is actual the literal SM episodes not the cut.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:29 am
User Image
Subbed so you don't have to hear Usagi's (Serena gonk )voice in the dub. I hate it >< Plus the sub is the only way you'll see Sailor Moon Stars

User Image

Sailor Osaka

SilverStarboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:00 pm
I usually watch dub, but some of the voices in the first season were awful so I think subbed would have been better there. Never watched anything past Super S. I have a few Super S DVDs though  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 pm
The orignal is the best, I prefer the SUBBED by far.

The dubbed version has many edits and the versions showed on tv were edited for content and time restraints.....i.e. they cut out little parts they believed weren't important for added commercial time.

The Voice actors are far better in my opinion as well, not that the english VA's totally sucked it's just that when they made the dub they did it keeping in mind that it was going to be marketed as a "children's cartoon". The japanese didn't.

And Yeah they did edit for violence, In the "A Crystal Clear Destiny" episode where they FINALLY find the Silver Crystal and discover Usagi/Serena is the princess there is alot more interplay between the characters you miss, like Sailor Mars b***h slapping Sailor Moon out of hysteria.  

yamisukui

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:22 pm
i wacth both. mostly subbed becuase the english voice actors scare me. but i watch teh english so i can compare them form character from character.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:10 am
I was really really little when the dub came out. I watched it some and it was okay... subbed is way better. The English voice actors and actresses are terrible! burning_eyes  

Princess Harmonia

Gainsborough-Aerith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:44 pm
Dubbed was what I fist watched, but then I had to watch everything after R in subs because htey didn't put it out fast enough in the dub. I did buy the nifty Sialor Moon & Sailor Moon R boxsets ADV put out to re-watch them  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:22 pm
Definately subbed, the dubbed changed a lot of thing, and you don't get to hear the funny comments that were made in the Jap version because they either cut it out or changed it.  

Yami_Puppi

Pnytenshi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:19 pm
I did the same thing... i found a website that has whatever was changed or missed in the dubbed version... some of it is very good... like the episode in the first season where Sailor Moon and Sailor Venus stole a speed boat to save thier lives from the youma... it was a really good episode...  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff