Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Web Design n00b Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naiadrisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:20 am
hm i started learning html when i was around 12-13 back then we didnt have stuff like dreamweaver so i just used good old notepad xd i made my websites that way until when i was around 15 or so then i got microsoft frontpage 3nodding but those few years of notepadding was good experience.

i learnt most of my html by looking at the source code of really cool websites that i liked. i saved down the page and studied the html slowly, i still do that sometimes. then i'd just delete certain things to see what impact it'd have on the site and learnt what each tag was for. then i'd try designing my own website and try to replicate something of the same effect (by not looking/stealing anything from the original of course). that was how i gained the bulk of my html skills 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:50 am
Nyxx
From personal experience, I started out the 'hard' way learning basic html and working my way up, doing all my work in Notepad. I learned Adobe GoLive and that program is great if you don't want to work with the code too much. Dreamweaver is also really good, almost better, in my opinion. Also, learning CSS is practically a must it seems like anymore, but I'm getting ahead of myself. sweatdrop

No matter what, though, learn the basics of html and what the tags do because you'll still work with them a little even if you use those 2 programs I mentioned. You'll need to know code when you least expect it. Just keep practicing with it and reading up on it and you'll get the hang of it.

And make a point of staying current with what's going on with other webdesigners and just design in general.

Webmonkey
Webmonkey has some really good tutorials for webdesigners, and they're pretty easy to understand. I learned how to do frames loooong ago from this site.

http://www.peachie.nu/
A lot of different things here...
I hope this was of some (any) help to ya...

Yeah I kinda dived in head frist two nearly drowned but figured it out lol. Dreamweaver kinda helps. i lets u learn html as you use it. best is to use html design split that easy way to learn.  

Wolven Lurker

Naiadrisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:04 am
oh yeah, forgot to mention that i'm using Dreamweaver now biggrin it's extremely useful.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:30 am
Naiadrisa
oh yeah, forgot to mention that i'm using Dreamweaver now biggrin it's extremely useful.
totaly it makes learning html very easy.  

Wolven Lurker

Naiadrisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:46 am
Wolven Lurker
Naiadrisa
totaly it makes learning html very easy.

yup it's very useful biggrin  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces