Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Has anyone come out to family?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patron Saint of Designer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:02 pm
Has anyone ever come out to their parents? If so, what did you go through? I need help. I'm just kind of feeling lost. I've come out to my friends, but not my parents, or family members. Please help me, someone?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:48 pm
eek eeek.....no sorry.i'm bi but only my friends know...  

rikaLeshay

RETROsecks--x

Wheezing Gekko

9,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:08 am
rikaLeshay
eek eeek.....no sorry.i'm bi but only my friends know...

same.
sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:09 am
Ok I'm straight, but my best friend is Bi (I knew this before he did anyway). Anyway he came out to me, his friends, my family (His adopted family lol) and then he was working up the courage to tell his parents, he was expecting a big 'hoo-haa' about it.

When he sat down and told his mother, he felt awkard, his mum was a little upset about it, and even asked him if he was in a relationship with me. (We both laughed our asses off at that).

Well I guess the easiest advice I can give, is just play it straight, be honest and don't lie about any of it. They might get angry and shout, or thery might just look and you shrug and simply say 'So what?' it all depends on how well you know and trust your parents.  

Rellik San
Captain

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:20 am
Yeah, I have.

But whether or not my granddad chooses to believe it is questionable.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:28 am
I'm straight, so I wouldn't know how to handle that.  

WonderfullyFlawed

Zuluu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:33 am
Only to my boyfriend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:50 pm
Rellik San
Ok I'm straight, but my best friend is Bi (I knew this before he did anyway). Anyway he came out to me, his friends, my family (His adopted family lol) and then he was working up the courage to tell his parents, he was expecting a big 'hoo-haa' about it.

When he sat down and told his mother, he felt awkard, his mum was a little upset about it, and even asked him if he was in a relationship with me. (We both laughed our asses off at that).

Well I guess the easiest advice I can give, is just play it straight, be honest and don't lie about any of it. They might get angry and shout, or thery might just look and you shrug and simply say 'So what?' it all depends on how well you know and trust your parents.
Thanks, that really helped me! 3nodding  

Patron Saint of Designer

Orgi_inMYmouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:36 am
I too wish that I cpuld come out to my family. Acually, my dad has asked me... i've denied it. But it's only really because I love him so much.
I know that in my family that if I came out they wouldn't react bad, My family loves me alot and has made it a point to show it. My close friends know, and my ex's know (I sure hope they knew...), daddy says he'll love me even if I am, and thats why I love him even more for it. But I won't come out to him. I know I'm not straight, I'm ok with it. And If I did come out then I know they'll accept it.

Only should you come out if you feel you really schould and that you know the relation ship you share with them will not break, if it does.... then one should wonder how much they truly loved you. Besides, if they turn their back on you; your friends who does accept you will be the ones to help you and love you; their your family.

But on a plus side: My other friend came out to his family and they were fine with it. Heck, I think they could guess it!

I truly wish you the best with this "problem."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:21 pm
I told my mom how i was bi and she didnt believe me till she saw me with my girl friend in my room kissing, way to knock mom  

Pleasant Nightmares

Mechanical Intercourse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:10 am
My mum has threatened to kick me out if I ever turn bi/gay.

Guess I'm ******** then.

=/  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:43 pm
well i'm straight, mom thought i was a lesbian beacuse i spent too much time with sofi and stayed out too late at night with her too. lol moms.
anywhoo i have a friend who is bi.. but we know he is more gay than bi, his mom kinda knows, but his dad would disowned (is that the word??? dont think so.. anywhoo) from the family if he ever fines out.
My parent thought we were going out.. and i just laugh at them , then one day i told my mom that he was gay.. well bi and she was like "if he ever tells his parents that and they kick him out, he can come stay/live with us" THAT WAS LIKE THE KOOLEST THING ever. my mom is not really for gay/lesbian/or bi's but she not agaisn't them either. my dad is kinda like a bit iffie about it. but if you're kool with my dad he'll be kool with you too.

so it all depends how your parents react to a certain type of person.. i'd ask my parents stuff about gays and bi's just to see how they'd react if one day i, my sis, or brother , turned.. not likely to happen but i'd just want to see where their stand it on homosexuality.

dont know if any of this helped, but i just had to get it out. emo ninja  

xXaleonfireXx

[+.Rubber.Ducky.+]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:01 pm
Id Help But My Whole Family Is Homophoic For Some Reason
Only Few Of My Friends Know Anything About My Sexuality
But My Best Friend Still Hasnt Came Out To Her Mom
Just Do What Feels Right If Your Family Rejects
Your Sexuality Then Ignore It And Just Say You Cant Help Who You Like
Good Luck
<3<3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:26 pm
I came out on accident....sorta. My dad looked over my shoulder while I was talking online to my bf.....yea....not the best way for them to find out lol. Well my parents went into denial and don't believe it. They also are trying to rationalize it by saying it is other people who make me believe I'm gay.... eek I don't even think that makes sense!  

svnoyi inali

Dapper Gekko

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games