Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Suggestions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

16 Shayla-Lala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:53 pm
Actually, I think we need to have an avi contest for randocramps. I think her costume should be more like a writer. I'll even buy all the clothes. (If its not too expensive... sweatdrop )
I would also like to design her profile. I already have a pretty cool idea and I'm able to figure out CSS stuff easily. (And I've done quite a bit before. Don't look at my profile to see if I can do it because I haven't gotten around to it.)
But I would love to do it. blaugh
Of course, someone might already be working on it... and there are probably people that are better then I..
...I guess what I'm trying to say is that the profile should be... like a information profile for the guild, with current events happening. Stuff the guild offers. Pictures of mods.
Stuff like that.
What you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:27 pm
I think it is a great Idea. But could it wait a bit?
Maybe around christmas break.. when The Captain and myself arent worrying about finals.. and other stuff?

But we will work on it.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

16 Shayla-Lala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:03 pm
Both things? whee
Anyway, its no problem... I have exams also. gonk Fun....  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:44 pm
Oh, Shayla, I love it!

Go ahead with the profile, I know nothing about coding so could in no way do that.

I like the idea for the contest...why don't you go ahead and create it? You have my permission. PM me once you've set it up and I'll make an announcement about it in the main forum.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Chrysanthius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:50 pm
Hello! Hopefully this is the right place for me to say something, but I had a passing thought while going through the forums here. There seems to be quite a lack of mass activity for some time now. There are A LOT of old projects floating around. I went to comment on one poem earlier only to realize it has been posted over a year ago. rofl Anyway, my suggestion is simply this: Perhaps a subforum could be created and it's name could be something like, "Old Stuff." Anything you like really, and someone could go through to move inactive threads to that area of the guild. It would allow for the stories and poems to be kept, but they could moved to a place that doesn't clutter the rest of the guild.

Just a thought. 3nodding Have a great day! Thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:54 pm
That's a really good idea, Dain. =3  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:44 pm
Honestly...I like the idea, but I think it might be more trouble than it is worth.

I'll get a few second/third/eighth opinions from my other mods and see, but I'm just thinking about the amount of work involved with that...it would be quite a bit, so I'm just a little wary.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:42 am
Yes, I thought of that honestly. It would take quite a bit of time. There are a lot of posts, and it would take some time to sort through everything. Perhaps you could get a 3rd party person who has a lot of time to do it? sweatdrop Or even just assign one subforum to each mod(not sure how many mods you have) and have them take out the old posts for that subforum.

Either way, I understand what you mean. It would take a bit of effort, but if someone was willing to put in the time, I think it'd probably benefit things. Once it's done, it'd be much easier to maintain.  

Chrysanthius

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:16 pm
We are currently discussing it in the crew subforum. Jury is still undecided.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff