Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
A Candlestick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Weeeeeeee!!
  ....um, you're weird
  Yay!!!
View Results

Elf of the Shadows

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:10 am
A Candlestick

A girl, in her teens lit a candlestick. She held it up in the dark to watch the flame. It moved and swayed at the slightest hint of wind, she's fascinated. She started to mess around with the small fire. The delicate light pranced in her eyes. She closed her eyes and ran a finger over the flickering flame. Like a portal, she went right into the past, a long enough time before the French and Indian War, but not near the cave men days.

It was the time of knights! She looked around and smiled she was in a lush green forest, but it was still night. She no longer held the candlestick. She breathed in the cool night air and took off at a full speed run. She covered alot of ground and climbed a tree. The girl saw a nest of pixies and tried to talk to them. The pixies turned out to be quite friendly and enegetic. They started walking out as far as they all dared on a tree limb. The girl came in second. They had a wonderful time, frolicing, dancing, and singing! She reluctantly decided to go and happened to turn her head, looking at a mighty kindom!

She walked through the gates of the kingdom and saw the brilliance of this new place, that seemed strangely familiar. She was about to knock on the door when a strange look appeared on her face.

She opened her eyes. She still held the candlestick and a sorrowful look replaced the other. She realized, for sure, where she was. She was still in the present, 2006. Her eyes filled with tears, "Remember the promise you made to yourself. You musn't cry for yourself unless it's physical pain." she whispered. She set the candlestick down and stared deeply into the twinkling flame. A little smoke laced around the chilling air.
The End

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:49 pm
Extra

Now you may think that story is a little...shall we say, different? Well I find them quite normal, you see I am that girl. I've done that many nights. Dreaming, just hoping, wishing I could live then, with a touch of magic. But you see, it never happens. No matter how much I try I can't alter my mind to say 'Oh well!' It just never works.... I don't usually write about myself. I can only make sure it doesn't affect the life I'm living.

Elf of the Shadows

shazzer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:03 pm
Ah! Quest-ce-qu'on a ici, hien?

It's an interesting little blurb. You have a few technical issues (like tense switching). I think you could expand this into more of a short story if you elaborated, and that it'd be good that way, too.

Solid job.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:34 pm
Yes, typing isn't my friend today. crying I went back and tried to fix it, did I miss anything? I'll re-check it tomorrow, when my hands and brain are working. I find it kind of boring, it's hard to describe what I picture. I'll do a more vivid version tomorrow.  

Elf of the Shadows

Oukow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:13 pm
Elf of the Shadows
Extra

Now you may think that story is a little...shall we say, different? Well I find them quite normal, you see I am that girl. I've done that many nights. Dreaming, just hoping, wishing I could live then, with a touch of magic. But you see, it never happens. No matter how much I try I can't alter my mind to say 'Oh well!' It just never works.... I don't usually write about myself. I can only make sure it doesn't affect the life I'm living.

I really like your story
Don't worry a lot of people do that to.
I made up a story where everyone I know is in it, but they have diffrent appreances and names, except the charcter that's suppose to be me.
*sigh* If we lived in a world of Fantasy tho', our hearts would soon desire reality...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:19 pm
No, it's not just the fantasy for me. It's the honor, the wars were fought with honor...well more than now. We were so much more in tuned with what was around us and we were strong. We appreciated things and didn't have so much technology to deal with. It was just, better. IN my opinion atleast.  

Elf of the Shadows

Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:23 am
I really like this story. It's magical, dream-like, I like magic. Hope to read more stories of yours. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:33 am
Thank you!  

Elf of the Shadows

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:53 am
The beginning had me captured.
Because I am a pyro.
I hold, throw, and let fire dance upon my skin.

Such a simple and great way to start a piece.
Well done.

heart -Remy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:47 pm
Tak-Jak
The beginning had me captured.
Because I am a pyro.
I hold, throw, and let fire dance upon my skin.

Such a simple and great way to start a piece.
Well done.

heart -Remy

Thanks! heart I'm a pyro too...he he!  

Elf of the Shadows

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Aries!
Woot woot
lol

burning_eyes -Remy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:19 pm