Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Which would be the LEAST damaging to my ear?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold for wtv reason
  le woot
View Results

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:53 am
which would be the least damaging:

(keep in mind these are both to be done in a 3rd lobe hole

1) forcing a 14 guage tongue ring into a 16g hole

or

2) using a 12g g taper in a 16 guage hole.

i know your not supposed to skip guages but it's smaller ones, and it's a taper. everytime i got from 16 to 14 with a tongue ring, it hurt (with the other holes) so.... which sounds better to do >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:35 pm
I would say
put the taper in partway
so your ear's at about a 14
and then put in the tounge ring.
:3

Its Cookie Time!

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:09 pm
omg i didn't even think of that >.< thanks xd i'll do that rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:42 pm
I wouldn't force in anything. 12ga isn't that much bigger than 14ga anyway, so you could probably pass with skipping 14ga. I know when I stretched from 18ga to 14ga it stung a bit with tapered jewelry, but a few weeks later the 12ga slipped in like nothing. If the taper to 14ga doesn't work, you should be fine with 12ga as long as it isn't painfull and/or bleed.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:45 pm
it was perfect, i went in until i hit resistance, then took it out and out in the 14g horseshoe right away, didn't feel anything. i'm not entirely sure if i'm going to go to 12g with my 3rds simply because i have so many 14g balls to go with my horseshoes xp

new question: if i bought 10g tunnels, would a 14g fit inside it? or would i need to go to 8? (which i'm not sure i want to do)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:33 pm
10ga tunnels have really small holes, so I'm not entirely sure that would work. 14ga is roughtly 1.6mm and 10ga is roughly 2.6mm. 8ga is small too, but I guess it would depend on the jewelry you're putting in it. Are you talking about straight barbells into the tunnels? or something curved?

I only ever found one set of 10ga tunnels when I looked anyway, so unless you already found some, they seem to be rare from my experience.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:24 am
curved, and i found a couple on BAF and ya they look to small >.< even the 8s... i just want it so i can have the tunnel and the curved bar, without my parents noticing how big my holes are... meaning when i have the tunnel in i'd never wear it without something inside it while around my parents (unless my hairs down)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:15 am
Yea, I'm pretty sure curved won't work. I vaguely remember trying to have circular earrings at 8ga and 6 gauge, and I don't think they fit, and that was with 18ga and below. It's not that the holes are necessarily too small, but they tend to be too long to let the curve in. You could probably get away with it with a really large diameter in the jewelry you want in, but small isn't going to work.  

Warninglv100
Crew

megalo_maniac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:02 pm
its harder to damage your ears than youd think. I went from a 14g to a 4g with a taper and nothing happened. infact it was a little to easy...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:58 pm
megalo_maniac
its harder to damage your ears than youd think. I went from a 14g to a 4g with a taper and nothing happened. infact it was a little to easy...

i'm guessing you have extremely stretchy ears or something  

[NUTs]

hellfireangel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:30 pm
In my right ear I went from 18-14, then 14 to 10 then 10 to 8 and the first two... hurt like a b***h, but with the first I did it with a tongue ring, then the other with a plug so that one hurt quite a bit  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:52 pm
Its Cookie Time!
I would say
put the taper in partway
so your ear's at about a 14
and then put in the tounge ring.
:3

Totally! Good idea!

For me, stretching my lobe piercings freak me out, and I'm like big on piercing. I've stretched my first holes from a sixteen gauge to a fourteen. But that's it for stretching for me!

-Panty.Waste-

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff