Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
okay so, tongue piercing.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Neon Glowsticks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:49 pm
okay, im supposed to be getting my tongue pierced this thanksgiving when i vacation to texas, cuz i know a nice shop there where i got my industrial and nose done.

but im just a tad worried, cuz you hear horror stories about peoples faces getting paralyzed from tongue piercings, and i cant seem to find any good informational articles regarding the nerve endings and the probability of this happening.

any input?

and anyone who has it done already care to tell me about the peircing experiance?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:14 pm
I would have to say that if it's a nice shop then you shouldn't have any troubles with the piercing process.

As for the piercing experiance, I wouldn't know.

Nymphetamyn

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:25 pm
My tongue piercing experience was just like any other piercing, I guess.
It didn't really hurt, and since the tongue is just one muscle, I barely even felt it. All that really happens is you feel the tip of the needle p***k your tongue, then you hear it going through it. You'll feel your tongue tighten in that area, since there is now a metal bar sticking in it.
You will drool a lot when the initial piercing is taking place, and everyone does, so don't feel stupid.

After you get the piercing, don't stick your tongue out to show people. Just open your mouth. Sticking your tongue out, puts pressure on the fresh piercing and could tear the area surrounding the jewelry. I'm sure you don't want that.

Eat soft foods, and eat slowly for the next few days.
Your piercer will be able to give you more information about how to take care of it, what to eat, what you should do and avoid, etc.

But that's basically it. Oral piercings are the quickest to heal, so it shouldn't take very long at all before you can go back and get standard jewelry put in.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:29 pm
MiLK`
My tongue piercing experience was just like any other piercing, I guess.
It didn't really hurt, and since the tongue is just one muscle, I barely even felt it. All that really happens is you feel the tip of the needle p***k your tongue, then you hear it going through it. You'll feel your tongue tighten in that area, since there is now a metal bar sticking in it.
You will drool a lot when the initial piercing is taking place, and everyone does, so don't feel stupid.

After you get the piercing, don't stick your tongue out to show people. Just open your mouth. Sticking your tongue out, puts pressure on the fresh piercing and could tear the area surrounding the jewelry. I'm sure you don't want that.

Eat soft foods, and eat slowly for the next few days.
Your piercer will be able to give you more information about how to take care of it, what to eat, what you should do and avoid, etc.

But that's basically it. Oral piercings are the quickest to heal, so it shouldn't take very long at all before you can go back and get standard jewelry put in.

i just realized the second prob.
im getting it done several states away from where i normally live, so would it be terribly horrible to change the jewlery myself?

.Neon Glowsticks.

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:18 am
Face paralysis from piercings is an urban legend. No need to worry about that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:31 am
My tongue piercing was no different from getting any f my other piercings. As said above, you only feel the needle p***k your tounge (although I didn't hear it go through) and I felt it when th needle was replaced with the bar. I would reccomend getting yourself a slushie afterwards. That's what I did and it made me feel much better.  

October Dawn

5,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Voter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

.Neon Glowsticks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:29 pm
Warninglv100
Face paralysis from piercings is an urban legend. No need to worry about that.

oh... hm.. well that helps. ive heard about it happening from home piercings and i wasnt sure if it was true..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:56 pm
My tongue piercing experience was a tad on the painful side with a lovely mouthful of blood, but not horrific. Did put me on a diet for a while though. I ate alot of pudding for a while and ramen with no noodles lol. But it is altogether a nice piercing. Changing jewlery yourself, well, it will be a tad bit different being a new place to fumble with jewlery and all, but honestly, if you think you're going to have problems, just get a nice friend with you that wouldn't mind helping. My boyfriend was there for me when I changed my tongue jewlery just in case I needed him, but I was able to do it myself in the end.  

Lita_Kat

Total Box

Anxious Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:19 pm
Mine was done...at home. *shame*
It was pierced with a hollow needle, followed through by the barbell.
I drooled a lot, but overall it felt like a small pinch.
No blood either 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:50 pm
I got my tongue pierced and it healed within a week, you just have to keep care of it and go to a piercing place with a good name and reputation.  

-Panty.Waste-

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff