Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Spring Ring Ok? Diameter help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:38 pm
Um, so like a week ago the bead of my CBR fell out. And I was unable to just hop along to my peircer. And getting it back in involved MAJOR discomfort and drama, my fathers help, nasty looking pliers, lotsa alchol sterilization, etc etc. Needless to say that hole is irritated from the incident. Today the bead fell out again. I was GENTLY cleaning off crusted food from my ring, and out it popped. I am...greatly displease.

Am planning on buying new jewelry ASAP. These arent healed yet, and peircer did say weight three months, but I honestly cant deal with this s**t, and especially dont want to deal with it when I get to my college. So yeah. Looking online, and I've narrowed down my choices to either a CBR where the bead is welded onto one side so it wont go flying off, or a spring ring. I'd prefer the spring ring because it seems simpler, and I could get if on and off myself without much hassle. Is there any reason I shouldnt? Like any drawbacks to having springs instead of CBR?

Also, can someone advice me on diameter? When I got peirced, the rings they gave me have a big one to account for swelling (dont know exact size >.<). The lip still swells some because of aformentioned irritation, but nothing major. Like it never fills up the entire diameter and lots of the time theres more space then I'd like. Should I get smaller diameter, or still get big one? Keeping in mind I dont have the money to get two sets, so whatever I get I'm stuck with. And what would be a good diameter to get? I 'm REALLY lost when it comes to those.

Edit: I have 14g snakebite lip peircings, FYI.
Edit2: I got a measuring chart thing and my current jewelry seems to be 1/2". Considering going with 7/16" or 3/8" on the ones I shall order since it's smaller but not MUCH smaller.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:36 pm
I'm not sure what a spring ring is exactly. If you could give a link that'd be helpful. The fixed bead would keep it from falling off, but it would seem like you'd have to bend the crap out of the ring to get it out.

14ga isn't that large, so it is possible to get the bead out of a captive with practice. Sounds like you just need to get the ring adjusted by a piercer to either super tight (like my current piercer does so it doesn't come out) or semi tight where you can pop it in/out with a bit of pressure.

Your beads may be the problem. If they don't have good dimples on each side, they won't want to stay in unless they are really squeezed in.

I've never really had a problem with my beads coming out, but all mine are 14ga 3/8" cbrs on my ears. I only had a problem when I wanted to put in a larger bead, which didn't work out.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:18 pm
http://www.body-jewelry-shop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=G-8-6A&Category_Code=118&Product_Count=47

is the spring ring

ok um, trying to put the bead was, as before, quite traumatizing for the peircing. Gave up and just tightened it without the bead, which works because the ring was large, but I'm gonna be ******** up the a** if the lip decides to swell any more. I really dont care if it's because of poor adjusting, bad bead or what. I'm officially done with CBRs, at least for my lip rings. I really have enough issues with them without ******** them up on a weekly basis because the goddamn bead keeps on falling out, my father doesnt really know what he's doing, I cant do anything at all, and I'm unable to get to my peircer.

I'm seriously about to just order the spring ring and ********. It can't be worse then this, gah.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:50 pm
I'd be afraid the spring would go in my lip  

Terragar

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:56 pm
It seems thicker then the ring part so it shouldn't fit in the hole 0___o

Ordered a pair in any case. At this point at least, I'm far too upset with CBRs to be willing to wear them. Pain I can deal with. Risking messing up a peircing I dearly love on a regular basis less so.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:04 pm
Cassandra022
http://www.body-jewelry-shop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=G-8-6A&Category_Code=118&Product_Count=47

is the spring ring

ok um, trying to put the bead was, as before, quite traumatizing for the peircing. Gave up and just tightened it without the bead, which works because the ring was large, but I'm gonna be ******** up the a** if the lip decides to swell any more. I really dont care if it's because of poor adjusting, bad bead or what. I'm officially done with CBRs, at least for my lip rings. I really have enough issues with them without ******** them up on a weekly basis because the goddamn bead keeps on falling out, my father doesnt really know what he's doing, I cant do anything at all, and I'm unable to get to my peircer.

I'm seriously about to just order the spring ring and ********. It can't be worse then this, gah.

That's interesting. Can't say I've ever seen one. Only problem I can see from it (besides maybe slipping into the piercing) would be having to keep it extra clean so bacteria doesn't build up in the spring. Hope things go better for you with these.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:51 am
yeah, I've never seen them before either but...the idea seems like a nice convenient one. eh, we'll see. And you do have a point about me needing to keep the spring part thoroughly clean  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:36 pm
Spring rings came yesterday. 7/16" is the perfect diameter for me right now. Large enough to accomadate mild swelling, but not as huge as the 1/2" were. Um, changing the jewelry wasn't too difficult. The hole I didnt mess with was fine, the one that got messed up because of the captive rings hurt a bit, but nothing major. I can't say the spring rings are the sexiest thing in the world, but so far they seem good enough. Um, spring too big to go into the holes so no worries there. Springs also removable so theoretically I could take them off an get captive beads in the future with the same ring if I really wanted, eh. And yeah.  

Cassandra022

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:18 pm
That's good that they're working out for you. I hope things continue to go well for you. 3nodding  
Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games