Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
I ******** up, messed up everything

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:50 pm
ok, heres what happened my sister, anime_keyee has this writers guild, and one of the most active members was Archangel Izual and she was happy to have him there.

so she had subforum for different types of writing but she changed the titles recently... this is what she changed them to...

The Bad Actor's Corner (RP Community)
The Overactive Imagination's Corner (Original Stories)
The Talented Liar's Corner (Fan Fiction)
The Bleeding Heart's Corner (Poems)
The Semi-Musically Gifted's Corner (Lyrics)
The Artistic Overachiever's Corner (Comics/Mangas)

ok, now i will quote e what we all posted in quotes i order...

anime_keyee
What does everyone think of the new theme? yes, no, maybe-so?

xXxPansyxXx
I love them, they are piss yourself funny...

Archangel Izual
To be honest... they're alright.... but they won't be something that everyone will like.... I dunno... like....

It'll attract a certain group but ... to be honest..... it'll mainly be people 15 and under.... or all girls.. : P
or gays... : P

but anyways.... I dunno what to suggest... but it should be something that'll attract people of all ages, who are writers..... the first step in "Marketing" a product is knowing your target audience.... and all writer's, young and old, see themselves as "smart" and sophisticated when it comes to their writing...
So maybe try and base it around that type of thing...

(sorry.... i'm dumb and took Marketing last year... heh)

xXxPansyxXx
but 15 or younger, female or gay cover most of the people on gaia...

Archangel Izual
that's not true...... there's a LOT of 18+ and straight men.

we're just nerdy.... or gothic.... x D

xXxPansyxXx
ive met about five. but even if you like to write it wouldnt matter anyways would it...

Archangel Izual
it's just about attracting an open audience of writers in general... not just the 15 and under, females. and homosexuals...

I've seen so many 18+ people and so many straight males....

so... yeah....

xXxPansyxXx
ok, maybe we should change it but what should we change it to???

Archangel Izual
heh...
perhaps...

The Role Playing Stage
The Lore Masters' Tome of Stories
The Altered Plot of the Fanatics' Fiction
The Poets' Scroll of Wonder
The Musicians' Page of Lyricism
The Juveniles' Illustrative Imagination*

*(Manga/Comics)

etc...

*shrugs*... just an idea.

anime_keyee
sorry, but i still like mine better. I think mine make more sense.

Archangel Izual
well....
.....*feels like he's being arrogant*....
it's really more about if the audience will like it, more than you.....

anime_keyee
....i think yours are too confusing.... I'm not being vain or anything, i just really like the humor factor and if you can come up with anything nicer but still funny, i'll use it. (if its not as confusing as the other ones you put, cuz i had to read through those like three times before i really got them)

Archangel Izual
some people might not want funny....
some people might be looking for a more serious-ish writer's guild...

and mine aren't confusing at all confused

The Role Playing Stage
The Lore Masters' Tome of Stories
The Altered Plot of the Fanatics' Fiction
The Poets' Scroll of Wonder
The Musicians' Page of Lyricism
The Juveniles' Illustrative Imagination* and this one could use a new name ... but the rest aren't confusing.... neutral

anime_keyee
... no. i dont like them. Im gonna be stubborn and I say no.

Archangel Izual
*feels useless*....

*feels stupid for being sensitive*...

anime_keyee
I'm sorry, but i really like the humor factor, and honestly i usually get along better with the type of people who like the humor as well.

xXxPansyxXx
YAY FOR HUMOR!!!

Archangel Izual
i feel like my entire point is being ignored..

Sure it's your guild...
but if you want as many people to join as possible... then it's more about them then you...

it's like if you were selling a product.... i don't think the people who own McDonald's really like a majority of the people who make up their customer base... but they don't interact with a majority of them... and when they do, they're nice to them.... you don't have to befriend every single member....

It's all about drawing in people.... and if you have humorous threads in the guild you'll draw in a crowd for you to befriend, no doubt...

i don't know what to tell you.... ...

but i know you'll find people to get along with without making everything to draw in a crowd that YOU'LL get along with....

and think about other people in this guild..... not everyone shares your preferences and maybe not everyone will get along with the same crowd... therefore, making your crowd smaller than

anime_keyee
ok, ok. i understand your point, but to make things clear and so i can improve on things, what exactly about the threads aren't appealing to older and straight men?

Archangel Izual
it's not the threads...
just the titles...

i dunno....i guess it's ... i dunno

The Bad Actor's Corner (RP Community) - kinda makes it seem like nobody really is good at Role Play
The Overactive Imagination's Corner (Original Stories) - feels a little childish
The Talented Liar's Corner (Fan Fiction) - i dunno... just doesn't... i dunno
The Bleeding Heart's Corner (Poems) - makes poetry look emo (and it's not at all)
The Semi-Musically Gifted's Corner (Lyrics) - kinda degrading to some people...

i dunno.......

i'm just a dumbass.....

anime_keyee
To me, that was the comedy. But I see that its insulting to some people. I will see what I can fix. k?

anime_keyee
Are there any that i can keep?

Archangel Izual
i dunno.....
my opinion is just to make things serious rather than humorous.......

but...... i dunno.......

i feel pretty low right now..... i'm sorry.....
(i'm stupid and have mood swings... no not bipolar... just very easy to become depressed....)

yeah...... i dunno........
...i'm sorry........

anime_keyee
No its ok. don't be depressed. I asked for opinions and you gave me yours... I just want to get more opinions before i do anything.

xXxPansyxXx
dont be depressed just because she didnt agree with you. you gave your opinion and we just need more to decide what to do. its like someone has a favorite band and you dont so you tell them your opinion, they arent going to change what their favorite band is. and we arent just trying to get anyone to join, we want to get people we get along with, we would rather be surrounded by a few people we get along with instead of a lot of people we dont. Most people make a guild and eventually they become inactive, Keyee wants people in her guild to recognize her and like her, not to have the guild completely be run by the mods.

i also dont think people would be offended by simple titles. if they truly like writing they would get over it. if you read a book even if you dont like the title of it, you can still love the book. and the majority of gaia are people under 15, bi/gay, or girls. the lots of straight males you were talking about, you should invite them here because i really want to know what they think.

and alot of the time you keep talking about what other people think, like they think its offensive or it wont appeal to them, but what do you really think. if enough people say they find it offensive or they would like it more serious, then i will definitly consider changing it. but we cant change a part of the guild that the captian and vice both like just from the opinion of one person, sorry.

Archangel Izual
i wasn't just upset about that... alright? stop assuming.

also... shutup. because you're still not getting that it's not about "******** you if you don't like my guild"
it's you make it welcoming and attractive to all audiences.

That's fine if she wants people who like her, she'll get that but like i said. You can't befriend EVERYONE in the guild.....
If I invited my straight male friends, they'd not want to come, to be honest.
I know them well enough so i didn't bother.

and i never said it was offensive....
just not attractive.........

you know what.........
i'll just quit...

i'm obviously not wanted here......

xXxPansyxXx
yeah, i was trying my hardest to not make it sound like "its my guild so shut the ******** up"

i really was trying not to, i was really trying to get you to see what we are thinking, trying to give you a knife and cut into my head and take a look.

but it didnt work to well and im soory, really really sorry, im a b***h sometimes i know, but Keyee is a sweetie and she wants you in her guild.

and of course he did but he was really active in the guild and my sis loved rping with him and talking to him, i dont know... im lost  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:01 pm
and im working things out, and dont post unless you really have something to say please, because i didnt do this to have people talk to me about it, i did it because typing things out here in life issues helps me with stress.  

xXxPansyxXx

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:26 pm
He reminds me of myself. sweatdrop
I try not to get a little dramatic though.
Tell him you accept his ideas and suggestions and would either like to compromise or atleast try them out for a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:51 pm
He's in this guild.
GJGJGJGJGJ.

He is right about a lot of things.
Not everyone wants ******** humor.
:/.
And you know.
Don't argue with him.
o - o.
He'll contradict you to no end.

And that was quite mean of yous.
};.
He has loads of good ideas.
And ways to improve things.

Haha.
You lost yourselves your strongest link.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:45 am
i know hes in this guild, hes a mod.

i know not everyone likes humor but we want the people who like humor in the guild.

what did i do that was mean??? if it was the rant i already said im sorry i was just trying to let him see what was going through my head.

and i know he has good ideas, we used some we just didnt want ot listen to this one thing...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:35 pm
Chyeah.
I know.
Cus I love him.

Well.
You can't be picky.
If he wants to be in the guild.
He can.
But excluding?
And not taking other's opinions into consideration?
Not many members will want to be in that.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:21 pm
According to her, this is "taking it into consideration".
She still says "We want people with good humor in our guild".
Did she not catch that what I was saying meant, "What's wrong with people who want a serious ********. You might as well call it "Humor Corner Cafe: Literary Minds".
You guys started out with a guild that was open to all writers and narrowed it to only writers with a sense of humor. What's wrong with being serious?

btw: ilu2, Sarah. x3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:40 pm
serious people can still come there. serious people laugh to. am i wrong.

we do take peoples opinions into consideration. why is it so bad to have these titles. does it matter that much to make someone quit and just leave us when we want them to be in our guild. to tell you the truth i wish you would come back more then a lot of this right now. i miss having someone so active in the guild.  

xXxPansyxXx

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:15 pm
xXxPansyxXx
serious people can still come there. serious people laugh to. am i wrong.

we do take peoples opinions into consideration. why is it so bad to have these titles. does it matter that much to make someone quit and just leave us when we want them to be in our guild. to tell you the truth i wish you would come back more then a lot of this right now. i miss having someone so active in the guild.

I came for a serious guild. Got that fact down?
Now get this fact. It was changed into a joke, See?
Now. I was stuck in a ******** joke when i came because i thought it was a good place to share my SERIOUS literature.
but NO. 98% of everyone now, will be all humor all the time and my literature will be totally out of place. My literature will be ignored or just people just won't care.

Get it?

Oh of course not. I've spent 3 days debating with you, repeating the same thing over and over because you have such a ******** thick skull.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:55 am
Ok, i get what you are saying, im saying just because the titles are jokes doesnt mean that serious work wont be there. and that work will be apperciated. nothing is ignored.

ok, no one reply to thif ******** topic anymore more. i made it toget rid of stress. i didnt make it for people to read and help me with my problem, and i definitely didnt make it to be called a dumbass ok, so just stop, because that would help me the most.  

xXxPansyxXx

GabbieNightmare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:08 am
Okay guys no offence but i think
xXxPansyxXx wants you guys to post something about her
thread so stop being stupid and make some sense....

i dont feel like reading everything so umm yeah >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:18 pm
o - o.
If you're not going to read it.
You really shouldn't post in here or reply.
Saying what we should/should not post.
o - o.

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Archangel Izual

Eternal Rogue

1,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:26 pm
xXxPansyxXx
Ok, i get what you are saying, im saying just because the titles are jokes doesnt mean that serious work wont be there. and that work will be apperciated. nothing is ignored.

ok, no one reply to thif ******** topic anymore more. i made it toget rid of stress. i didnt make it for people to read and help me with my problem, and i definitely didnt make it to be called a dumbass ok, so just stop, because that would help me the most.

you posted it. So face the facts, people will read it.

oh and by the way. I'd rather share my literature with people who can take it seriously and be serious with their responses. Instead, the most serious responses I get are "Those are sweet poems." or " eek ...ok..." to my story.  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games