Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Dreams: Dream One

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

May I ask for your...
  ...opinions?
  ...suggestions?
  ...opinions and suggestions?
View Results

Kattie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:27 am
You enter a room. It's unfamiliar to you, quite big and almost empty. The only thing that occurs there is an armchair in which someone is sitting. It's cold in the room, all windows are open. Through them you see a winter landscape: a forest covered with snow, a frozen lake, falling snow getting in the room along with wind.

The person sitting in the armchair intrigues you by sitting still and not even paying attention to your appearance. You start walking towards them, looking around the room. Two colors dominate here: pale blue and white. On the floor, that looks like made of ice or crystal, lies blue and white carpet leading to the armchair. Here and there you see big, partially covered with snow, crystals that look like they were growing out of the floor.

You walk up to the person in the armchair. It's a girl. She has her head down, long light blue hair partially covering her face, elf ears and she's dressed in a long white gown. She's not moving. You draw your hand out, brush her hair away and want to gently pull back her head. You can't do that, though. The elf is as stiff-necked as a sculpture and as cold as ice. You have to kneel down to look at her face. Her sad expression and red tears flowing down her cheeks take your breath away. The creature looks like she got badly hurt. You don't know the reason of her sadness, though. You can't also guess it...

You wake up in your own bed.It was only a dream.However,you can't forget the elf girl's sad face and bloody tears flowing down her cheeks.In your mind you have two questions...
"Why are you crying?Why are you so sad?"

It's an old story, written two years ago in November. As always, opinions and suggestions are more than welcome. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:54 pm
You, are a very percise writer. You describe things and make such a clear picture, one just feels the need to close our eyes.. and wait for the movie to play out.

"away and want to rear her head."

that was the only part that was even the least bit awkward for me. It made me think of pulling her head back with her hair, because you had brushed it aside.. then reading that. Im not sure if you could say it another way though maybe...

"You draw your hand out, brush her hair away and wanting to gentally pull back her head."

I dont know but that is all from me.

OH!
I loved the ending.

heart -Remy

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Kattie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:13 pm
Thank you! ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:38 pm
Glad I could help

whee

heart -Remy

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:23 am
I like it, although it has a very "D&D" feeling to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:26 am
"D&D"? You mean "Dungeons and Dragons"? sweatdrop  

Kattie

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:04 am
Kattie
"D&D"? You mean "Dungeons and Dragons"? sweatdrop

That I do.
No worries.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:15 am
*laughs* Ah, well, I like fantasy RPGs, maybe that's why this story seems to have such feel to it.  

Kattie

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff