Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Vertical Labrets rejecting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nymphetamyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:34 am
I'm determined, and am going, to get a vertical labret tomorrow afternoon. I realize as this is sort of a surface piercing, it could very well reject. I'm curious to know if anyone knows how long they tend to stay in for? I'm going to get it whether it'll end up rejecting or not, because I'm stubborn, but it'd be nice to know. I've got average sized lips, if that's any help. I'll post a picture:

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:21 pm
As long as your lip protrudes enough, and you get it done by someone with experience and the proper jewelry (curved barbell I believe), you should be fine.

The vertical labret was the oral piercing I really wanted to get that wouldn't mess up my teeth or gums (I had braces and gum recession without anything, so I didn't want to screw those up).  

Warninglv100
Crew

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:25 am
According to our piercer, Josh has the best vertical labret she's ever seen. It shows no sign of migration or rejection.

We eventually decided this is because he heals so damn quick, it doesn't give the piercing any time to even consider migrating XD.

A major factor may also be because it was pierced with PTFE, which allowed it to heal how it wanted, instead of a metal curved barbell forcing it to heal to that shape. It also helps to keep this PTFE bar in all the time, as it will lessen any chances of rejection (not in the long run, mind you. Although I have heard that if done correctly they will last as long as a normal lip piercing).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:35 pm
hope it doesn't reject, my brother just got one done today and i think it looks freakin amazing  

[NUTs]

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:30 pm
I want pictures!!

I think they look way cool.

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items