Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
What is it? Who are they?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:26 pm
What does it mean to be Emo?
What is the fashion of "Emo kids"?
What are examples of TRUE Emo bands?
What makes a band "Emo"?
Are you "Emo"?

IDK, I'm just curious what other people think. I was always told that Emo kids cry and cut themselves. My friends began to call me Emo because I listen to bands that they say are Emo. My friends who call themselves Emo said that I am a good example of someone who is Emo. I seek answers. Why am I called emo? Am I really Emo? Should I be glad to be Emo?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:13 pm
What does it mean to be Emo? To be an emotional fool, who takes nothing at face value
What is the fashion of "Emo kids"? Whatever the hell they want
What are examples of TRUE Emo bands? Hatebreed, Killswitch, HWB
What makes a band "Emo"? Singing with heart and passion about something they love
Are you "Emo"? not really.  

Rellik San
Captain

Anim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:27 pm
I don't think I would call Hatebreed or KSE Emo, they are more metal, usually called "metalcore" like As I lay Dying, whatever that is. Good music though.

I understand a little bit better though, thank you.
A lot of bands sing with passion and much emotion, does that mean that they also are emo?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:43 pm
ANiM.eMOkID
I don't think I would call Hatebreed or KSE Emo, they are more metal, usually called "metalcore" like As I lay Dying, whatever that is. Good music though.

I understand a little bit better though, thank you.
A lot of bands sing with passion and much emotion, does that mean that they also are emo?

Nope Hatebreed and KSE, are what is known as emotive hardcore, the prgenitor of wehat some call true emo ^^

Though glad I could be of some help ^^  

Rellik San
Captain

[[blunt.object]]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:00 pm
there are two types of emo:
emo short for emotive hardcore, which is a genre of music, and
emo short for emotional, which are the kids who don't know what emo really stands for, go around whining and cutting themselves and listening to Fob. Basically, these are the ones that give emo a bad name.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:36 pm
So bands like As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, KSE...etc... those are considered Emotive Hardcore? I never knew....I just always called them metal, or Metalcore.  

Anim

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games