Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Raintears

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:27 pm
I don't really feel like putting a description on this. So, have at it.

Another shattered dream.
More hope destroyed.

Tears stream down her cheeks as she crys out to God. "What did I do? Whatever it was, I'm sorry! But please, stop punishing me!"

She'd thought there might be a happy ending to her story, just this once. She'd though, maybe, someone could love her.

Once again, she'd been wrong. Her fairy tale turned into a nightmare once again.

After a while her cries become nothing more than shallow gasps for air. So she stands, in the place where just moments ago she'd been looking into his brilliant blue eyes.

Sure, she'd been through this before plenty of times.

Every time she'd managed to convince herself this was the one. This was the one that wouldn't break her heart. This time was going to be different.

"Different. Ha. It's never different." she tells herself, voice oozing with anger and hurt. "Face it. You're unloveable." at this, a new set of tears comes streaming.

Oh, she was a big help.

She collapses on the ground. Visions of him run through her head like a movie. He'd been so sweet at the start.

There he goes, telling her how beautiful she is again.
A sweet, lingering kiss.
That smile.

And then, the fight. And ultimately...
"I don't think we should be together anymore."

Her face begins to change from sad to angry. How could he? SHE wasn't the one who had wanted to go back.

Been there, done that. Once is enough.

But he'd convinced her otherwise, and she'd believed him.

"Happy now?!" She screams. "You've broken my heart twice. Want to try for a third time? Why not, right? I should be used to it by now!"

Her body begins to jerk. She's so angry she doesn't know what to do with herself, like a small child throwing a tantrum she punches the ground with all her might. Everything hurts, she can't feel a thing. After a while, she simply lies on the damp ground, unmoving.

"How much more am I supposed to take?" She asks her reflection, raising herself to look into a pool of water that had accumulated from a recent storm. "When is it too much?"

Rain begins to fall, the water on her face mingling with tears until the two are undistinguishable. She simply sits, silently crying as the rain washes away her tears.

Tommorow, she will awake to another day, another opportunity.

And perhaps, another shattered dream.

Such is life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:38 pm
"How much more am I supposed to take?" She asks her reflection, raising herself to look into a pool of water that had accumulated from a recent storm. "When is it too much?"

This part.. this description.
It put to mind that the storm'
Was her anger.. her pain.
And I loved it.

You give a clear desription
and it works.
Its not overly agonizing
in possibly over exagerrated hurt.

You found an equal balence
in something many may relate too.

Good job.

Tak-Jak