Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Bulimia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Patron Saint of Designer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:32 pm
I'm 13, and I've been battling bulimia for the past month and a half now. I feel like everytime I eat, I'm just forced to throw it up. And of course I do. My mom is aware of it, and she's trying to help me, but I feel like I've let her down in a way...Anyone with this problem? Please...share, it would really help.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:03 pm
Unfortunately I've battled with the same ordeal. It's a horrible experience. It's as addicting as any drug. But as for advice to help you....I'm not exactly sure. I'm still battling with it from time to time. But you have my best wishes. You're not alone.  

Anonmeous

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:50 pm
Yeah, so um...

I don't know what to call it clinically anymore because they made so many damn terms for so many eating disorders, but I went without eating more than half a meal a day for a while over the summer, dropped 3 inches off my waist and about 20 pounds (which I haven't gotten back yet).

I still can't manage to eat more than 1-2 meals a day, 2 is on a good day and is rare.

I share the feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:03 pm
I was belimic once. I did not feel forced to throw up, but I felt guilt. And that caused me to do it. I'm over it, so obviously it can be beaten.  

Vlair Nitefell

LaFoule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:23 pm
I am Bulimic as well and i might get an idea of what you feel(NOTE THAT: everyone thinks and feels differently).
it just sucks my parents won't help either they just hate me for what i am and what i do. i don't like to eat anything, i've lost all taste for food and eventually hate to watch others how they eat...
it is horrible how everyone is able to have a nice meal or at least eat something and giving a damn about it, to me it's like a sacrifice i have to make... i've been like this for more than a year and a half and have tried to battle it. my mother sent me to a psychologyt so that she could help me... but the problem is that i don't like any food at all...
you might be asking yourselves "if you don't like food, then why do you eat at all?" well my main problem is that i suffer from anxiety... i eat loads and then feel like throwing up as soon as you stop eating...
i can't control it.....

maybe we are alike...
PM me if you want to talk with me i might be able to give you some advice if you want to...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:56 pm
Therapy groups.
Be more confident of yourself.
Quit caring what you see in magazines and picture
(there fixed anyways)
Dont liste to people around you and there comments.
Its not that hard.
quit being so self concerned.
Be you and if they dont like it then you dont need them.
=]
<3

[+.Rubber.Ducky.+]

TorioAGoGo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:35 pm
when i eat i feel so gross and never want to eat ever but i do and it makes me feel gross and sometimes ill not eat for days and feel perfect like last summer i didnt eat anythign for about the entire three months and i felt fine till i started getting tired and weak all the time it sucked but i miss it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:00 pm
Umm...

if your mom knows, why isn't she getting you professional help? No offence or anything, cause I am very well aware these things happen... but if you are still throwing up your food and your mom knows.. she isnt doing that good of a job and you should bring in some better help. And clearly since you know you need the help... why are you online saying you need it and not going to get it?

For example.. someone close to me is dealing with an eating disorder.. and no matter what she eats and when she eats.. someone is there to make sure she eats and does not throw it up after. Its like a "buddy system"

but professional help is what I reccomend...

good luck! Best wishes... get better

<3  

Rayna Ducane

dunwich

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:06 am
one of my good friends is bullemic (sp).
we both have problems with our weight even though we're told we shouldn't.
hm, i'm not sure what i could say on this that would help.
because i'm never tried to advice someone in how to stop.
we both support each other in ways to lose weight so, yeah.
sorry about that.

the advice i can give is to seek professional advice.
o:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:46 pm
You're not alone, Mate.

I hope you get better soon..

My prayers go out to you..

Addison xx

addisonANEURYSM

..Neko.Aimi..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:01 pm
I'm kinda in the same situation as you... except no one knows... I don't want to tell anyone because I don't want them to worry about me anymore than they already do... but I'm stuck... I don't know what to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:52 pm
One of my best friends battled it.
She was always picked on for it and almost everyday cried because of the assholes at my school.
Some wpuld mimic her throwing up, or flick M&Ms at her and tell her to eat it before she dies.
I took her a whihle to get over, I'm not even sure how she did. I'm not bulimic but I do skip a meal and when I do eat it's usually considered half a meal.
My step mom now has by bf making sure that I eat lunch at school.
My best wishes for you Death~Is~Couture

~RachieRaccoon~

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:40 pm
I found out recently a friend of mine had bulimia as a result of depression because she thought I was going to kill myself.

Mmm. Life is sweet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:52 pm
One of my best friends went through it, and I have as well. I wasn't nearly as bad as her though. She threw up so much, that eventually, you could see those little things in your back that you get from throwing up so much. And I feel so bad for her, because she is so self concious about her boobs being so small, but that's the reason. They shrunk and haven't grown back because of her eating disorder. I was like that for a while. I still am sometimes, but not eating is a better way to go if you really feel the need to control your weight that tightly. It's still not healthy, but throwing up all the time can cause problems way down the road. Like some kind of cancer I think. My mom is a nurse, and she told me about what can happen. That's kind of why I somewhat stopped. But if you want to get better, and if your mom already knows whats going on, go to her and tell her that you need help.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff